Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:44:37 am

Author Topic: UCAT  (Read 1718 times)  Share 

averageroger

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
UCAT
« on: June 13, 2019, 01:41:50 am »
Hi All, What prep do you need for UCAT ? Trying to find my way in understanding what needs to be done.
AR

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +305
Re: UCAT
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 08:18:16 am »
+1
Hi All, What prep do you need for UCAT ? Trying to find my way in understanding what needs to be done.
AR

Hey! For prepping the UCAT, you should obviously refer to the preparation material released by the UCAT consortium (search it up and it will come). They have a full document describing what they expect of you in terms of each section. They have 2-3 full mock tests (replicating the real thing) so try it and see how it goes. They also have question banks for each section, which is really useful. They say that their preparation material is all you need for prepping for the UCAT. Prepping for the UCAT is all about questions, so make sure to do as many questions as possible ;D.

The amount of prep you need will depend totally on you. If you feel like you need more practice, you should definitely check out Medify, as they have a TON of question banks with 10000+ questions. They also provide 8 full mocks as well, which is great, and statistics that compare where you are in terms of the average medify user. Whatever you do, do not buy Australian commercial company such as Medentry. The $295 price tag is simply not worth it in my opinion, and medify is way cheaper (got it for $90, you will get something cheaper if it is closer to exam day). At the end of the day, it's all upto you. But I highly suggest medify, it's helping me so much.

Next time, try to post in the UCAT thread, it helps with organisation ;D.

Hope that helps!
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

averageroger

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: UCAT
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 11:10:20 pm »
Hey! For prepping the UCAT, you should obviously refer to the preparation material released by the UCAT consortium (search it up and it will come). They have a full document describing what they expect of you in terms of each section. They have 2-3 full mock tests (replicating the real thing) so try it and see how it goes. They also have question banks for each section, which is really useful. They say that their preparation material is all you need for prepping for the UCAT. Prepping for the UCAT is all about questions, so make sure to do as many questions as possible ;D.

The amount of prep you need will depend totally on you. If you feel like you need more practice, you should definitely check out Medify, as they have a TON of question banks with 10000+ questions. They also provide 8 full mocks as well, which is great, and statistics that compare where you are in terms of the average medify user. Whatever you do, do not buy Australian commercial company such as Medentry. The $295 price tag is simply not worth it in my opinion, and medify is way cheaper (got it for $90, you will get something cheaper if it is closer to exam day). At the end of the day, it's all upto you. But I highly suggest medify, it's helping me so much.

Next time, try to post in the UCAT thread, it helps with organisation ;D.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your help. And noted the UCAT thread  :)