Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 06:59:55 am

Author Topic: Structure help for HSC question  (Read 3619 times)  Share 

Jenna.usif

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Structure help for HSC question
« on: February 09, 2020, 11:27:36 am »
Heyy, so I'm not sure how to structure this question below. I'm not sure I should do all of SCPPP for a 5 marker or i should just select 2 such as social justice principles and prevalence of condition.

Why is it important for governments to prioritise health issues?

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
Re: Structure help for HSC question
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 01:30:16 pm »
+3
Hi!

It definitely can be a bit tricky to structure this question, especially since there isn't even a key verb! First of all, you're off to a great start by identifying the area of the syllabus this question comes from.  :)

Since the question begins with "why", logically an answer should include several reasons for the importance of prioritizing health issues. Therefore, your answer should reflect a similar structure to a question using "justify" or "recommend".

As for how many of the five components you should include? I would say to try and include all 5, since it is a 5 marker question - which is a considerable size for the SA section. Remember that good PDHPE answers are succinct and "straight to the point", so I think covering all 5 areas is favourable over just covering 2 with extensive detail.

Would definitely try to squeeze in some examples in there for each section, if you can!

Feel free to post a sample answer to this question in our Marking Section, if you would like some more specific feedback!  :)

2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD