Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:58:23 pm

Author Topic: Can we use MacBook at Nossal  (Read 2909 times)  Share 

Sugam

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Can we use MacBook at Nossal
« on: December 10, 2021, 09:23:17 pm »
My daughter is starting year 9 at Nossal next year. I just got her a MacBook Pro, hopefully she can use it at school!!

Einsteinium

• Trailblazer
  • Cricket
  • Respect: +2
Re: Can we use MacBook at Nossal
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 10:34:06 pm »
My daughter is starting year 9 at Nossal next year. I just got her a MacBook Pro, hopefully she can use it at school!!

Hey, I am also going to a selective school next year as I got into Suzanne Cory High School. I also am using a Macbook pro and I think it is a great laptop for being organized. It will almost definitely be allowed if they have the BYOD policy like the other selective schools.
“People Who Are Crazy Enough To Think They Can Change The World, Are The Ones Who Do.” – Rob Siltanen

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 12:55:16 pm »
Hi, Sugam

From what I’ve heard, Nossal is going to tell people to order a certain laptop so that it is the same for all people.

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 05:31:56 pm »

You may have to just wait and see. Next time, you may be better off waiting to see what the Device requirements are (BYOD, school-supplied devices, etc.).

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 09:40:26 pm »
One of my friends got into Melbourne High and I think they're asking him to pay for a certain laptop that the school is gonna get for the student.

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 10:27:34 am »
One of my friends got into Melbourne High and I think they're asking him to pay for a certain laptop that the school is gonna get for the student.

MHS always uses windows but under certain circumstances allows macbook.

Curriman2

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 08:27:33 pm »
For MHS they said I was only allowed the windows laptops they sell, I ended up buying the surface studio because the cheaper laptop was very very very bad and tbh 800 bucks extra for specs actually good enough to run Chrome was worth it

wingdings2791

• Trendsetter
  • I'm going back to the start
  • Respect: +108
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2021, 09:59:45 pm »
+2
Hi, former Nossal student here. The school facilitates orders of the same laptop for everyone (HP usually). Other laptops eg. Macbook are also acceptable, just uncommon and potentially annoying with an OS clash between Mac and Windows. Typically, one or two students per year use a different laptop so I would say they are fine but the school choice may be preferrable. :)
ATAR: 99.75
UCAT: 95th

2022-2025: B. Radiography and Medical Imaging (Honours) @ Monash

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2021, 02:33:13 pm »
+1
Hi, former Nossal student here. The school facilitates orders of the same laptop for everyone (HP usually). Other laptops eg. Macbook are also acceptable, just uncommon and potentially annoying with an OS clash between Mac and Windows. Typically, one or two students per year use a different laptop so I would say they are fine but the school choice may be preferrable. :)

btw Congrats on your awesome VCE score! I've been following your journal for nearly a year and I'm so happy for you! Good luck on your future endeavours  ;)

wingdings2791

• Trendsetter
  • I'm going back to the start
  • Respect: +108
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2021, 10:54:59 am »
+1
btw Congrats on your awesome VCE score! I've been following your journal for nearly a year and I'm so happy for you! Good luck on your future endeavours  ;)

Thank you so much somebody8442, your read means a lot to me! All the best to you too :)
ATAR: 99.75
UCAT: 95th

2022-2025: B. Radiography and Medical Imaging (Honours) @ Monash