Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:18:25 pm

Author Topic: HSC English Exam Discussion (Paper 1 + Paper 2)  (Read 2733 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
HSC English Exam Discussion (Paper 1 + Paper 2)
« on: November 10, 2021, 12:23:35 pm »
How did you go? Thoughts on Paper 1 and Paper 2? Meet expectations? Did you finish?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
Re: HSC English Exam Discussion (Paper 1 + Paper 2)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 10:15:53 pm »
Personally, I really liked paper 1 and managed to finish with 7 minutes to spare! the mark distribution was really good for the unseen, and the common mod question was broad enough that you could really relate it to anything.

Paper 2, the mod a question for rich 3rd/l4r was NOT expected, it was a big shock and I looked at my friend... like what was that! either way, I managed to manipulate my points and finish the full writing booklet.

Mod b and c I really enjoyed, I think there was heaps of room to discuss a plethora of ideas.
Remember, pain is temporary, but the HSC is for life
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021
Eng Adv, Eng Ext 1, Eng Ext 2, Society and Culture, Modern History, Math Adv, Community and Family Studies

• Adventurer
Re: HSC English Exam Discussion (Paper 1 + Paper 2)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 06:02:39 pm »
I take Standard English. English Paper two was relatively alright but the creative I was shocked at. It was to develop an idea about luck from a stimulus quote. I thought the idea of luck was a little uncreative, but others seemed to have liked it.
"Nobody minds having what is too good for them." Jane Austen.