Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:31:03 pm

Author Topic: What should I be expecting?  (Read 3596 times)  Share 

Ishaan22

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
What should I be expecting?
« on: February 25, 2021, 10:48:50 am »
Hey guys,
I've just been wondering what I should be expecting ATAR wise. I study Maths methods, English, Physics, Biology, Economics, Digital Solutions and get As in all of them (averaging about 85%). I've just begain year 11 and not quite sure what to expect, any help would be appretiated.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
Re: What should I be expecting?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 12:15:56 pm »
Hey guys,
I've just been wondering what I should be expecting ATAR wise. I study Maths methods, English, Physics, Biology, Economics, Digital Solutions and get As in all of them (averaging about 85%). I've just begain year 11 and not quite sure what to expect, any help would be appretiated.
It is very difficult to predict your ATAR with year 11 results. Can you tell us approximately how strong your cohort is?

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
Re: What should I be expecting?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 12:37:10 pm »
+6
Hey guys,

It's pretty difficult to judge what to expect for an ATAR as a Year 11 student, as both years can vary in content and difficulty, and the cohort's strength may change over the two years. Your ATAR is calculated from your Year 12 scores– working on your study strategies, working on stress and procrastination management, and aiming to maintain your good marks is the best thing to do to prepare for next year. I'm assuming from your post that you aren't doing a Year 12 subject this year, so try not to worry about your final score for now, and utilise this year to experiment with different study strategies and find out which subjects are your strong ones and which subjects you need to work on more (: