Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:36:07 am

Author Topic: Business vs Accounting PLS HELP  (Read 3351 times)

LivBaker

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Business vs Accounting PLS HELP
« on: February 16, 2021, 11:16:04 am »
Hi guys,
I'm in Grade 11 right now, and I'm doing Business but I don't enjoy the content too much. I'm thinking of changing to Accounting but I need some help deciding.

I was trying to choose between Business and Accounting originally, but I went with Business, because it has more assignments than exams, whereas Accounting has more exams (I'm better at assignments). I also thought that the content wouldn't be this dull and boring. I think I may like Accounting's content more (because I quite like maths), but I'm not sure if I should change. I've also heard that Accounting scales higher, but is slightly more work.

Could you please tell me a bit about each subject? (Pros and Cons). Which do you think I should choose?

Btw, the subjects I am doing are:
Maths Methods, Chemistry, Biology, Study of Religion (Religion is required), English, Business (maybe changing to Accounting)

Please reply ASAP because I need to decide in the next few days. Thank you so much!

rkjthguakj

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +45
Re: Business vs Accounting PLS HELP
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 12:55:16 pm »
What curriculum is this?
2019: Business Management
2020: English | Methods | Economics | Legal Studies | Global Politics
2021: Bachelor of Commerce @ UniMelb
2022- 2024: Bachelor of Arts @ UniMelb | Diploma in Languages (Chinese)

LivBaker

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 02:26:38 pm »
I'm not too sure what you mean but it's QCAA

JerryMouse2019

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I love Spider-Man :)
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 09:57:04 pm »
+1
I'm not too sure what you mean but it's QCAA

Hi LivBaker,

You mean that you're doing the QCE (Queensland Certificate of Education) (also known as the Queensland ATAR System).

I don't do Accounting myself but I have done Business for Year 11 and I'm currently doing Business for Year 12. It is boring initially in units 1&2 in my opinion but it does get more interesting in units 3&4 (from my experience so far) (I'm currently doing topic 2 of unit 3). You'll find that most subjects in units 1&2 (humanities specifically) have content that follow the basics of the subject.

For example, if you hadn't already noticed, the Business syllabus follows the cycle of a business from creation to growth to diversification and then to evolution.

I hope my insight in the subject has provided you with valuable information :)

Good luck with Year 11 and 12,

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 10:02:46 pm by JerryMouse2019 »
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie

Amandaye

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 08:01:11 pm »
Heyy, so i do accounting and im in grade 11, i also did business from grade 9 to grade 10 and found it so boring. i moved into accounting and i personally really enjoyed it! there is actually barely any hard maths, most of the time we use excel and we only need formulas for that. accounting is completely different from business as business is more theory as for account its more hands on.

broadyboy

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2021, 04:37:12 pm »
Accounting focuses more on economic policy, structural things vs business which is more micro focused, contemporary and interesting.