Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:52:49 pm

Author Topic: Explained: VET Assessments  (Read 3829 times)

thereal_laura

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Trailblazer
  • amateur film director yo
  • Respect: +9
Explained: VET Assessments
« on: August 14, 2019, 12:43:20 pm »
+2

below i've answered some common questions surrounding examinations and assessments for VET courses, if you have any other questions, feel feel to ask and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!  🌈

✨ QUESTION: How Will I Be Assessed In My VET Course?

All VET courses are competency-based. This means your assessment is based on your ability to demonstrate your skills against the standards prescribed by industry in the training package. Your teacher will gather assessment evidence using a variety of assessment tasks in a variety of contexts. Your results will be recorded as either competent (C) or not yet competent (NYC). If you are judged as not yet competent you will be given other opportunities to be reassessed, where practicable.

✨ QUESTION: What Is The Assessment Program & How Will I Be Assessed?

Assessment in VET courses consists of both formal and informal tasks. For example, Hospitality students may complete a online presentation in pairs or cook and serve meals for a group of teachers and their family. While competencies can be observed and assessed while you are completing practical tasks in class or on workplacement, there will also be opportunities for competencies to be demonstrated in a more formal way through written assignments, portfolios, tests, etc. Check the assessment schedule in from your RTO or in your school’s Senior Assessment Handbook for information on how and when you will be assessed.

✨ QUESTION: Do I Have To Do An Exam For My VET Course?

You do not have to do the optional external examinations that are offered for HSC VET courses. However, if you want those courses to count towards the calculation of your ATAR, you MUST undertake the written HSC exam. All students must complete any internal examinations and assessment tasks that are a part of the RTO or school’s assessment program.

✨ QUESTION: What Is An Assessment Review?

If you disagree with the outcome of an assessment you have the right to appeal. You must ask for a review as soon as possible after receiving your result. Follow your RTO or school’s assessment appeal procedures.

2019 HSC SUBJECTS

Visual Art
Biology (lol)
CAF's
Catholic Studies (non ATAR)
English Standard
Entertainment Industry ♡ (VET)

come find me over at the VET Subjects forum! we have cheese and marshmallows