Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 05:51:21 pm

Author Topic: Wayne Rooney leaving  (Read 9565 times)

MBBS

Wayne Rooney leaving
« on: October 20, 2010, 09:35:37 pm »
Sad, we better buy Pato or Torres, more likely Fergie will buy Rodallega or someone and say he's happy with the squad.

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Here to listen and help
  • Respect: +324
Re: Wayne Rooney leaving
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 09:43:37 pm »
It happened to Beckham, Yorke, Stam and a few others.  It'll definitely change United.

I'd be interested in where Rooney will end up.  Apparently he won't be leaving England because his wife's sister is ill and his wife wants to stay to look after her.

Bachelor of Science (Mathematics & Statistics) - Discrete Mathematics & Operations Research

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 09:57:45 pm »
It happened to Beckham, Yorke, Stam and a few others.  It'll definitely change United.

I'd be interested in where Rooney will end up.  Apparently he won't be leaving England because his wife's sister is ill and his wife wants to stay to look after her.

i wouldn't be surprised if rooney moved to manchester city.   

MBBS

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 10:01:42 pm »

Yes, but we didn't have humongous debt then. Back then if we sold a player for $x we bought a new player worth $x.

I think he'll end up at Madrid personally, I hope so otherwise City have the league title all sewn imo...

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 10:58:48 pm »
He shouldnt end up at madrid. What? to play second fiddle to ronaldo again? lol. as soon as ronaldo left he was in hot form for untd. he shouldnt leave england. All the english stars should all go to one team. if they want to be an international force. They should all go to same club. Gerrard, ROoney, defoe, lampard. terry etc etc. who cares which club as long as its english. but then again to them club>Country

MBBS

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 11:04:54 pm »
Wow mate. Gerrard lamps midfield would never work. Also in England,winning the league is a bigger prize than Europe really. He wouldnt mind the second fiddle part as he'll still be scoring goals and always get recognition. I see Madrid as the likely destination, apart from city no one else has the money.

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 11:07:12 pm »
yeah, was just being stupid. but i mean. in australia we mainly value country over club. so if i wanted country to do well u gotta get the team chem up by putting them in same team. ENGLAND = POTENTIAL

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 11:09:27 pm »

yeah.. 'look after' cough cough.                                                                                                                      jk

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +343
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 11:10:08 pm »
I was quite surprised when I heard this news. If anything I think Real Madrid, Manchester City and Chelsea are the only teams that could really afford Rooney in terms of transfer fee and wages etc. Personally, I don't see Rooney going to City simply because it's their main rivals.

If Rooney was to go, I'd say he would go to Chelsea. Chelsea's average team age is quite high (29 or something) and most of their senior players are getting on... Drogba, Anelka, Lampard (all of the age of 30) etc. Rooney is still relatively young and has shown he has the ability and talent to deliver.

Check out this article, interesting read.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2010/10/19/2111909/goalcom-special-which-european-club-will-wayne-rooney-join-if-he-
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:31:04 pm by EPL.11.4ever. »

MBBS

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 11:11:30 pm »
Makes sense. But also potentially kills the league. England  national side will always be the same. Good players. Shit team. I personally think what youre trying to say is correct. Like Spain/Barcelona plus a few guns from Madrid.

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 11:12:22 pm »
UPDATE: MAN CITY are reportedly willing to pay 160 mllion for rooney. just heard off radio =/

edit. yeah was basing my theory of barca and Spain success.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:16:58 pm by 2317 »

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 11:23:58 pm »
I would have thought Manchester City wouldn't buy Rooney, considering the amount of the debt they're in - buying Silva, Milner etc over the summer. UEFA put in place some new sort of financial regulations where if clubs are serious debt, they may not be able to play in Europe altogether - which the likes of Madrid, Chelsea and Barca could offer him.

Although I do agree, Manchester City have the cash to spend on Rooney and true, he already lives in Manchester. This could end up like the Carlos Tevez deal/case, where he went from Manchester United to Manchester City. =P

Interesting stuff.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:27:16 pm by EPL.11.4ever. »

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 09:10:47 pm »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=834508&sec=global&cc=3436

LOL WHAT?! =P

"Fowler: Rooney interested in Perth Glory move" - I'd doubt Perth Glory could even afford his wages, considering he is on $100,000+ a week. =O

MBBS

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 09:13:44 pm »
LOL, will suck your dick if that happens mate.
ZERO chance. He would seriously knock in 5-6 goals a game.

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +661
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 09:15:25 pm »
One year publicity stunt so that he can boost his goals scored tally.