Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:25:43 am

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 287662 times)

lanaya.asc

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #795 on: August 27, 2019, 05:25:10 pm »
+2
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects?
I am currently in year 10 and I do VCE Psychology (Units 1 & 2).
2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification.
I have never really hated a movie, but I once accidentally bought the wrong cinema tickets and ended up watching The Emoji Movie. I have no idea who wrote the script but it was TERRIBLE. I am an open-minded person but I literally cannot understand how such a boring and mindless movie could have possibly been created. The plot is all over the place and you are hoping for a climax throughout the whole movie, but you are unfortunately left questioning why you spent 90 entire minutes of your life watching pure rubbish.
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice?
I'm totally not into that brutal stuff, but if I'm being honest, decapitation would probably be my go-to (a weapon as simple as a chainsaw would do the job easily). Once the head's off, the brain will quite obviously be lying somewhere on the ground. This will attract other zombies and therefore provide a distraction for you to quickly flee the scene and find a safe hiding place.
4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve?
My dream since I've been able to talk is to become a primary school teacher. I hope to study at The University of Melbourne because they have great courses for Education. I know it's pretty difficult to get in but I'm gonna work as best I can during VCE so I can earn an ATAR that I can be proud of.

Zedd7

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #796 on: August 27, 2019, 05:38:59 pm »
+2
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)

I'm in year 11 and I'm doing Legal Studies, Biology,  English, Chemistry, Business Management  :( and Further Math,

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)

I haven't met a movie that I passionately hate but I agree with the posts above. Twilight is overrated and the Last Airbender was a complete and utter mess.

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).

Honestly, I'd probably be dead...

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)

I want to be someone who helps other people. To have enough money to live and give others a hand but not so much that life becomes all about getting more of it. If I can do/create something to improve another's life, then that would be all I want to achieve.

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).

Not a paragraph...more like a few sad words. Studying. Eating. Sleeping. More Studying. Typical VCE life...

aliandig

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #797 on: August 27, 2019, 08:40:41 pm »
+2
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
11, yr 12 History revs, HHD, Bio, English, Methods, VCD
ok, just noticed this said movie and not subject! whoops! Do TV shows count? I currently despise the Shadowhunters series as it hardly follows the books at all! I love those books and the TV show does it no justice whatsoever. I would 110% recommend reading the books over the TV show, or just not watching it at all! :)
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
Does Hermione's handball count? I keep all sorts thing in there!
I want be happy and content with who I and what I'm doing. I really want to go into medicine, but really just somewhere where I can be happy for a long, long time.
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
« Reply #798 on: August 27, 2019, 09:00:48 pm »
+1
Not a paragraph...more like a few sad words. Studying. Eating. Sleeping. More Studying. Typical VCE life...
This is basically my uni life as well haha

Welcome to the forums people!

freda.mcglade

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #799 on: August 28, 2019, 02:21:11 pm »
+1

I'm in Year 11 and undertaking Literature, 20th Century History, 3/4 Psychology, General Maths and Indonesian
The Minion Movie because those annoying yellow things were only acceptable in the first Despicable Me, and an entire 90 minutes (maybe more) devoted to them was UNBEARABLE
I don't think I'd have time to pick a weapon because I'd be one of the first to die
This sounds really cliched, but I want to look back on my life with satisfactions and honestly say that I lived it to its full potential
It's been fairly exciting, enjoyable, educational and worthwhile

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #800 on: August 28, 2019, 03:40:52 pm »
I'm in Year 11 and undertaking Literature, 20th Century History, 3/4 Psychology, General Maths and Indonesian
The Minion Movie because those annoying yellow things were only acceptable in the first Despicable Me, and an entire 90 minutes (maybe more) devoted to them was UNBEARABLE
I don't think I'd have time to pick a weapon because I'd be one of the first to die
This sounds really cliched, but I want to look back on my life with satisfactions and honestly say that I lived it to its full potential
It's been fairly exciting, enjoyable, educational and worthwhile

Hey freda.mcglade! :)

Welcome to the forums! I like your answer to question 4, it is very true!

Coolmate 8)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

han0002

• Adventurer
« Reply #801 on: September 01, 2019, 07:42:14 pm »
hi for our English comparative practice essay we are comparing Tracks and Charlie's country.... may I please have help with the question.

What, if anything, do Robyn and Charlie learn from their solo experience?

thanks.

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #802 on: September 01, 2019, 08:21:47 pm »
+5
hi for our English comparative practice essay we are comparing Tracks and Charlie's country.... may I please have help with the question.

What, if anything, do Robyn and Charlie learn from their solo experience?

thanks.

Hi han0002! :D

Welcome to the ATAR Notes forums! ;D

• For this essay question, you may want to firstly compare their differences in both protagonists experiences, and figure out what it is that they have learnt. For Example, Is it hidden symbolism? Or is it very simple and laid out chronologically?

Also, you could compare the language used; is it complex? Or tone, do they speak in a quiet tone? etc.

Furthermore, acknowledge and state the time period in which both texts are set in and how this could affect their experiences and what they have learnt from them. :)

I have come across some links that I think may be useful for your comparative essay:

This YouTube Video on "Tracks", will be able to give you context to incorporate into your comparative essay:
https://youtu.be/kPOEzzDWfo4

This website has some quotes from "Tracks":
https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/76177-tracks

Charlies Country Quotes:
https://quizlet.com/341613028/charlies-country-quotes-flash-cards/

Also, if you post your original question in the HSC or VCE English thread (Depends if you are HSC or VCE), then you may be able to get some more advice or tips from others! ;D

I hope this is helpful,

Coolmate 8)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 10:49:23 pm by Coolmate »
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

izzystewart123

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #803 on: September 02, 2019, 04:48:51 pm »
In currently in Yr 11 at Loreto Normanhurst and I am studying Chemistry, English Standard, SOR 1, Extension 1 Maths, Modern History and Biology.

The Princess Switch. Talk about cringe! x 1000.

In the middle of exams right now so at this point would probably just give myself up to the zombies.

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve?
I want to be a doctor because I love to help people and love that I would be constantly learning on the job and making people feel better. Ultimately I just want to be happy and healthy.

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say?
Its pretty chill right now (apart from exams) and although school and friends and drama can be a bit trying, life is getting there and we're moving on pretty well. We're survivin.

Adriti Mehta

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #804 on: September 02, 2019, 04:50:24 pm »
What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects?
I'm currently in year 11 and my subjects are 3/4 Hindi, Business Management, Maths Methods, English Language, Studio Arts and Psychology.

What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification.
Contradictory to popular opinion, Wonder Woman. I feel that the whole movie is hyped up because of the strong female lead and how that causes people to completely miss the terrible acting and special effects.

In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice?
A chainsaw

matildaa.q

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #805 on: September 02, 2019, 05:56:33 pm »
I'm in year 11, currently completing units 1 & 2- psychology, English, further mathematics, health and human development, business management and units 3 & 4 legal studies.
i honestly don't hate any movies surprisingly, i enjoy watching movies a lot.
a sword would be my best option just incase my gun runs out of bullets
i want to make a great difference in the world, bring happiness into peoples lives.
my life is a basic ordinary life.. sleep, school, eat, work and repeat.
my "hobby" is watching Netflix when i am not studying.

mimz-2

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #806 on: September 02, 2019, 07:16:17 pm »
 What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? Year 11 - ADV MATHS AND ENGLISH, BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY,LEGAL AND SOR II

What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. The terrifier. it terrified me

Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? i want to be a successful person... i would like to gain entry into a really good course at USYD

If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? no need for a paragraph... boring ! :P

m.hussain

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #807 on: September 02, 2019, 07:21:47 pm »
I'm in year 11, doing Biology 3&4, English 1&2, Chemistry 1&2, Methods 1&2 and Text and Traditions 1&2

The two Percy Jackson movies because they ruined the entire plot and destroyed everything about the series that was special. The author himself doesn't like the movies, that's how bad they were.

Hmm... Nice question. Probably a knife in case they get too close, and a crossbow if I see them from afar.

I want to do the best I can, and I want to help people. There are so many people out there who need help, and I want to do what I can for them but never sacrifice my morals or what's important to me (basically stay true to myself and help those around me).

I can't really summarise my life to be honest. It's a bunch of ups and downs, good and bad. I think, overall, its alright (I can't really complain). Exams and stress make it tiring and hard, but family and friends make it worthwhile and enjoyable.

CRU0001

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #808 on: September 02, 2019, 07:24:53 pm »
Year 11- Biology, physics, methods, chemistry, year 12 psychology, english

A series of unfortunate events- tried to fit too many books into one movie!

A pizza gun- Mainly just for the pizza though

Nikitha Pallagundla

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #809 on: September 02, 2019, 08:09:04 pm »
I'm in year 11, doing Biology 1&2, English 1&2, Chemistry 1&2, Methods 1&2, Physics 1&2 and Accounting 3&4.

Avatar: The Last Airbender, the series was amazing but they just ruined the movie.

Never really thought about it, however, realistically no matter how hard i tried i'm pretty sure i would just die of a heart attack, my mind wouldn't work at all, so a weapon is kinda useless.

As a short term goal i want to get grades that i'd be satisfied with in my subjects, and as a whole i want to be a good influence to those around me throughout my life and inspire them to believe that they can get through whatever situation they are dealing with.

It's pretty good i guess, i don't really have much to complain about and things don't always turn out the way i want, but it's still amazing in its own way, especially because of the people in my life.