Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:40:39 pm

Author Topic: Studying  (Read 1955 times)

XD12345

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
Studying
« on: September 01, 2020, 10:33:57 pm »
Hi everyone!
I am currently doing exam preparation for my externals and I’m studying roughly 1-3 hours a day, depending on how much work I have to do according to my revision schedule.
The only problem is that I play soccer once a week every Thursday straight after school and don’t get home until late when I am way to exhausted. I also have a game every Saturday where I am busy the entire day. With exams coming closer every day I am starting to worry this could ruin my “flow” or “momentum”

My question is (from personal experience), does taking two day off a week from studying going to affect me badly? I work like crazy every other day and sometimes even during my lunch times at school but I hear lots of people working every single day.

Let me know what you think

Thank you

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
Re: Studying
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 05:21:26 pm »
+2
Hi!

The amount everyone should study is totally up to the person and how they work. It sounds like you are putting a lot of effort in and working hard - so i wouldn't be worried. In fact, I think it is good that you are taking breaks (especially since your breaks involve exercise which is good for brain function).
I find that it's note about how much you study, rather how efficiently you study
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics