Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 09:54:23 am

Author Topic: What does it mean for me my schools median study score is 26  (Read 1265 times)  Share 

YussifK

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
What does it mean for me my schools median study score is 26
« on: January 24, 2020, 07:59:33 am »
How would this affect
English:( )
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: What does it mean for me my schools median study score is 26
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 11:02:35 am »
+5
How would this affect

It’s complex. It obviously has an impact on the kind of classroom you’re in, and if you’re planning on doing really well you’ll need to set yourself against an internal standard rather than the standard of your class. In terms of numbers though, as it were, it doesn’t set you at a disadvantage.
The year I graduated, my school’s median SS was 23, which didn’t stop a couple of us scoring in the high 90s.
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 07:33:37 pm »
+3
In terms of numbers though, as it were, it doesn’t set you at a disadvantage.
This is important to remember. The median study score is just the middle study score that is gotten at your school in the past and does not affect your numbers personally. It WILL NOT affect the way your own score is calculated.

However, what Vox said about it reflecting the classroom environment that is typical at your school is also very true, but it is still possible to do well. My friend is still at the school that I used to go to where the median study score was 24. She got a 50 in further and 46 in biology this year (in Year 11).

Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 07:36:02 pm by laura_ »

YussifK

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 10:10:00 am »
It’s complex. It obviously has an impact on the kind of classroom you’re in, and if you’re planning on doing really well you’ll need to set yourself against an internal standard rather than the standard of your class. In terms of numbers though, as it were, it doesn’t set you at a disadvantage.
The year I graduated, my school’s median SS was 23, which didn’t stop a couple of us scoring in the high 90s.

So you must be smart man. I’m actually annoyed cause I wanna do good but sometimes I my brains locked
English:( )
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )