Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:12:21 pm

Author Topic: Interactive Media major (IT) - experience required?  (Read 439 times)  Share 

AR1472

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +6
Interactive Media major (IT) - experience required?
« on: January 16, 2021, 10:51:32 am »
Hey everyone, I’ve been offered a place in computer science advanced at Monash uni this year. As it’s a single degree I have 8 elective spots throughout my degree and the handbook recommends completing an IT major (or 2 IT minors) throughout my degree.

I had a look at the different IT majors available and interactive media looks SUPER interesting to me. I have a few years of experience in web design (using CSS and HTML) so I’m not worried about that, but moreso about the rest of the units. I don’t have any experience in animation and video editing. I have no experience in digital art and I’m worried that this will be a problem.

My main course has an insane pass rate of 70%, so even though I’m super interested in interactive media, I’m not 100% sure it’s worth it if it’ll bring down my WAM. Is anyone doing Interactive media and would be able to help? Is experience in digital art and animation necessary or would it be possible to learn everything in uni? How creative do I need to be?

Thank you!!  :)