Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:51:29 pm

Author Topic: gamsat physics  (Read 6451 times)  Share 

quintonishere

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
gamsat physics
« on: December 04, 2019, 11:28:06 pm »
hi, i was just wondering about the physics section on the gamsat. is it necessary to do physics in vce to perform well on the gamsat physics?

louisaaa01

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +33
Re: gamsat physics
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 09:37:12 pm »
+6
hi, i was just wondering about the physics section on the gamsat. is it necessary to do physics in vce to perform well on the gamsat physics?

Hey quintonishere,

The GAMSAT is a medical admissions test for graduate students, meaning that if you sit the GAMSAT, you must have already completed an undergraduate degree. Since this is the case, high school results become almost redundant compared to Uni results + study for the exam itself.

It is by no means necessary that you do VCE Physics to excel in the GAMSAT, though some background of Physics in your undergraduate University degree, or at least a willingness to familiarise yourself with this section of the GAMSAT in your own time, may prove to be beneficial.
2019 ATAR: 99.95

2020 - 2026

USYD BSci / Doctor of Medicine

quintonishere

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 06:19:20 pm »
Hi louisaaa01,

I understand the nature of the GAMSAT.

However, if my undergrad degree does not involve physics/I have no background in physics whatsoever, is it possible to master the physics content assessed? Or is it more advantageous to take physics in the VCE?

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 10:49:13 pm »
+2
Hi louisaaa01,

I understand the nature of the GAMSAT.

However, if my undergrad degree does not involve physics/I have no background in physics whatsoever, is it possible to master the physics content assessed? Or is it more advantageous to take physics in the VCE?

As louisaaa01 indicated, it is possible to learn the physics content without VCE physics or uni physics, however, preparing for this section of the GAMSAT will be easier if you have studied physics through VCE and/or uni.

I hope this clarifies things :)