Uni Stuff > General University Discussion and Queries

Should i pursue a career in nanotech?

(1/1)

ThomasJordan:
Ive recently received an offer for nanotechnology/applied sciences double degree at RMIT uni. While I am excited to accept the offer, I am also hesitant as I am wondering if it is worth studying and pursuing a career in the field. I understand its still a new field and it will only grow in the upcoming years. Please give me some insight if you are studying, know anyone studying or just have some general insight into nanotech and if it is worth while, thankyou.

AngelWings:
I don't know much about nanotech's job stats or anything. Locally, you might have to expand that scope slightly to catch a wider net of jobs. For example: Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication and Minifab come to mind, although they may not be 100% related to the area.

I'd certainly accept the offer either way - after all, you really wanted that course and enjoy it. 

sweetiepi:
I don't know if this is much help, however I have studied some nanotechnology in a pharmaceutical context (and will have another unit on that this year), and I've personally found it really interesting. It seems that the pharmaceutics industry are getting increasingly interested in nanotech (and novel routes of administration) and its uses in formulating a medication as some forms of nanotechnology can be 'programmed' to target specific types of cells. :)

Like AW said, I'd 100% take that offer. ^-^

ThomasJordan:

--- Quote from: ThomasJordan on January 16, 2019, 01:39:30 pm ---Ive recently received an offer for nanotechnology/applied sciences double degree at RMIT uni. While I am excited to accept the offer, I am also hesitant as I am wondering if it is worth studying and pursuing a career in the field. I understand its still a new field and it will only grow in the upcoming years. Please give me some insight if you are studying, know anyone studying or just have some general insight into nanotech and if it is worth while, thankyou.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: AngelWings on January 16, 2019, 03:09:32 pm ---I don't know much about nanotech's job stats or anything. Locally, you might have to expand that scope slightly to catch a wider net of jobs. For example: Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication and Minifab come to mind, although they may not be 100% related to the area.

I'd certainly accept the offer either way - after all, you really wanted that course and enjoy it.

--- End quote ---
Thankyou! I am going to accept the offer and see where it takes me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version