Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:19:47 am

Author Topic: HSC English (Paper 1) Discussion, Questions, Potential Solutions  (Read 4735 times)

rirerire

• MOTM: OCT 20
  • Forum Regular
Re: HSC English (Paper 1) Discussion, Questions, Potential Solutions
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2020, 04:45:49 pm »
Did they actually ask for language techniques, NOT visual techniques in regards to the picture of a man in a boat????
the techniques were for form as well as language techniques. meaning visual techniques work too as they're part of the illustration form

rirerire

• Forum Regular
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2020, 04:46:34 pm »
Did they actually ask for language techniques, NOT visual techniques in regards to the picture of a man in a boat????
they asked for form and language techniques. visual techniques are part of the form of the image!

Natasack

• Trailblazer
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2020, 08:46:09 pm »
I think so, because Q1 was to discuss the language techniques in the text excerpt and the picture, that's what threw me off in the exam because I didn't know what techniques would be relevant...
Advanced or Standard? I believe both had the same picture, but not sure if the question and text were the same??

Natasack

• Trailblazer
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2020, 08:50:14 pm »
the techniques were for form as well as language techniques. meaning visual techniques work too as they're part of the illustration form
Thanks. Do you know if Standard and Advanced had the same question?

rirerire

• Forum Regular
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2020, 10:46:29 pm »
Thanks. Do you know if Standard and Advanced had the same question?
If you're referring to section 1 aka short answer, I'm pretty sure it's different questions for standard and advanced however some stimulus is the same. for the long response, it's the same question (as far as I know).