Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:13:14 am

Author Topic: Can you do two languages in addition to your bachelors degree?  (Read 915 times)  Share 

hannguyen832

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Can you do two languages in addition to your bachelors degree?
« on: December 15, 2018, 08:48:26 pm »
Hey guys
So I was planning to do a bachelors degree at uni (UoM?) and want to continue studying japanese since I did it in year twelve. I also want to learn another language though (maybe mandarin or korean). Is it possible to do both japanese AND another language (already crying about workload  :P), else I'll just have to find classes outside of uni
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 08:51:23 pm by hannguyen832 »

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: Can you do two languages in addition to your bachelors degree?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 12:14:15 am »
+1
Hey guys
So I was planning to do a bachelors degree at uni (UoM?) and want to continue studying japanese since I did it in year twelve. I also want to learn another language though (maybe mandarin or korean). Is it possible to do both japanese AND another language (already crying about workload  :P), else I'll just have to find classes outside of uni

Yes. If you do Jap as a major in Arts or breadth in any other degree, and then Mandarin or Korean as a Diploma in Languages it's completely possible.

The one thing I'd say about that is you can't do Korean as a DipLang at this point because they're only just reintroducing it now. Would highly recommend though; the lady running it was my Spanish tutor and she was genuinely brilliant.
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd

hannguyen832

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 01:39:56 pm »
Yes. If you do Jap as a major in Arts or breadth in any other degree, and then Mandarin or Korean as a Diploma in Languages it's completely possible.

The one thing I'd say about that is you can't do Korean as a DipLang at this point because they're only just reintroducing it now. Would highly recommend though; the lady running it was my Spanish tutor and she was genuinely brilliant.

Thanks for the help :D so does that mean I won't be able to do korean as a DipLang in 2019? If they're reintroducing it do you kno when it'll  be available?

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 04:47:36 pm »
Thanks for the help :D so does that mean I won't be able to do korean as a DipLang in 2019? If they're reintroducing it do you kno when it'll  be available?

You'd be better to do Korean as breadth and Jap as a DipLang.
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd