Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 12:16:36 pm

Author Topic: Physics depth study ideas  (Read 4621 times)  Share 

jando

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Physics depth study ideas
« on: October 31, 2018, 06:41:53 pm »
So for our first assignment we have to conduct an experiment and write a depth study on our findings. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on experiments to do regarding projectile motion, centripetal motion or pendulum motion. Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks in advance

Manar.alogaidi

• Adventurer
Re: Physics depth study ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 12:51:34 pm »
Hey! Have you done yours yet? Mine is next week and I was wondering if we can confirm the practical investigations we already did to work put what might be there

rh45_21

• Adventurer
Re: Physics depth study ideas
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 10:40:20 pm »
+1
There are many things you can do in relation to this. You can do the ordinary manipulation of angle or velocity the projectile is fired at to get variable ranges or you can do something a bit more challenging. I know someone in my class did an experiment where he made a catapult which he calculated the velocity which it was leaving the circular motion and then the range it covered as the velocity is changed. Also, someone else actually did a consideration of air resistance which was something that allowed him to disprove his initial hypothesis and someone else analysed the circle motion in relativistic time periods. The possibilities are endless, you just have to decide what sparks your interest.