Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 11:38:56 pm

Author Topic: Convenient sampling vs convenience sampling  (Read 2038 times)  Share 

SnekiSnek

• Trendsetter
  • Knowledge gremlin - coming for your neurons
  • Respect: +26
Convenient sampling vs convenience sampling
« on: December 21, 2021, 02:38:38 pm »
Hey all,

Is there a difference between convenient sampling and convenience sampling or are they the same thing with slightly different spelling? Is one term preferred over the other as a multiple choice question on Edrolo lists them both as separate answers
Literature, Methods, Further, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Psychology, Classical Studies, Physics

Golgi Apparatus

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
Re: Convenient sampling vs convenience sampling
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 03:44:46 pm »
+2
Hi,
I’m pretty sure only ‘convenience sampling’ is accepted. In the 2017 exam report it says

“Convenience sampling was the only response that was accepted. ‘Convenient sampling’ was not accepted as this did not demonstrate knowledge of the appropriate terminology.”

VCE
2020: Biology
2021: Chemistry | English Language | Further | Methods | Psychology

2022: Bachelor of Biomedicine (UoM)

SnekiSnek

• Trendsetter
  • Knowledge gremlin - coming for your neurons
  • Respect: +26
Re: Convenient sampling vs convenience sampling
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 05:09:19 pm »
Hi,
I’m pretty sure only ‘convenience sampling’ is accepted. In the 2017 exam report it says

“Convenience sampling was the only response that was accepted. ‘Convenient sampling’ was not accepted as this did not demonstrate knowledge of the appropriate terminology.”

Thank you so much! Will have to drill that into my head come assessment and exam time
Literature, Methods, Further, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Psychology, Classical Studies, Physics