Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 11:31:42 am

Author Topic: EMERGENCY PIP HELP!!!!  (Read 2708 times)  Share 

hungrymuffin

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
EMERGENCY PIP HELP!!!!
« on: July 03, 2021, 02:58:09 pm »
hey guys!

so I'm having some trouble with my pip cross cultural component...

my pip is based on "the impact of endogamous culture in South Asia in shaping the rejection of interracial marriages"

its basically covering the ways in which the prevalent practice of same-race marriage shapes a rejection of mixed marriages. I was planning on doing my cross cultural study by comparing Pakistan (a South Asian country) with Australia (a western country) because both nations form part of my own identity. This was going to be my case study and I was going to dedicate an entire chapter on it.

HOWEVER - my teacher recently told me to instead of comparing Pakistan VS Australia - compare Pakistan and Pakistanis in Australia... and talk about westernisation and how that impacts South Asian views once asismilating into a western society.

does this still count as a cross cultural component since its still the same ethnicity??? if not do you guys have any ideas on what my cross cultural component should be if not that? I'm kind of panicking since the deadline is approaching soon...

please helppppp!!!!!! :((((

nova99

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: EMERGENCY PIP HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 06:45:56 pm »
hi! I'm not an expert compared to others on here, and im still in the process of writing my own PIP, but i honestly think your topic was good in the first place! If that;s what you've already researched + have obtained primary research, and will get the most out of, definitely go for it.

I'm not sure the second topic actually does count as cross cultural, but possibly if you were comparing generations (eg. younger generations internalise western views more than older generations) it definitely would be
i wish you all the best xxx