Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:11:44 am

Author Topic: QCE Journey Journal: Post-Graduation Entries  (Read 3960 times)

clumsymythicalowl

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
QCE Journey Journal: Post-Graduation Entries
« on: November 26, 2020, 01:28:16 pm »
+4
Hi.
I guess I feel like everything is surreal right now. I recently graduated year 12 and had my school formal. It doesn't feel real to me yet. The whole world is waiting out there and I'm definitely scared. I don't know if I'll get into the university of my choice or what job I will get.

This year I studied:
- English
- General Mathematics
- Biology
- Psychology
- Chemistry
- Film, Television & New Media

I definitely enjoyed the learning I did in my Psychology and Film classes all year (and in year 11 too). I enjoyed the DNA section of my Biology class but I never liked Ecology (so that was kinda not so cool). At least I find ecology relatively easy.

I don't regret choosing Biology, Psychology and Film. They were some of the best classes of my high school journey. I hated Chemistry though (and I still do). If I could give advice about my subject choices to my past self I would say this; Biology, Psychology and Film are well worth your time. Chemistry is the definition of 'why did I think this was a good idea', so don't choose that one.

I am worried about my results and what will happen in the future. This space will be filled with post-graduation entries. I guess my journey will be on here so I can look back on how I felt. So I can look back on how I made it to wherever I end up in the future.

Bye from November 2020 me.

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
Re: QCE Journey Journal: Post-Graduation Entries
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 02:18:37 pm »
+1
Hey,
Welcome to AN! Keen to read our journal!  ;D

What did you study in film? It sounds really interesting!
What are you hoping to do next year (uni/job wise)?
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

JerryMouse2019

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I love Spider-Man :)
  • Respect: +113
Re: QCE Journey Journal: Post-Graduation Entries
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 05:51:31 pm »
+1
Hey clumsymythicalowl,

Have you thought about starting a uni journey journal?

Kind Regards
JerryMouse
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie