Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:08:54 am

Author Topic: bad internal assessment task marks  (Read 2577 times)

Abhiram

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
bad internal assessment task marks
« on: June 24, 2019, 07:12:52 pm »
Hi so, I'm currently going to a school that is 372 and the class sizes are very small. My assessment task marks aren't so great with chemistry and sdd being my best subjects to date. I just wanna know if I can still make to a 90 atar if not at least a 85 atar. Most of my grades took a massive fall thanks to doing badly in one assessment task per subject. I want to hear the full truth and I don't care if I don't like the truth, as i'm willing to push through. Here's my current subjects, marks and rankings in them and how many assessment tasks have already been completed:  :)
English: 56%, 7/7, 3/4
Maths advanced: 81, 3/8, 3/4
Physics: 74, 3/3, 3/4
Chemistry: 87, 3/3, 3/4
Sdd: 87, 2/6, 2/4
Maths ext 1: 68, 4/4, 2/4
Sor 1: 82.5, 4/4, 2/4

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
Re: bad internal assessment task marks
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 08:33:52 pm »
+1
Hi!

I think your attitude is amazing and that's already half the battle! You still have trials to go and with that attitude (and work) you can make it to your ATAR goal. Another thing to keep in mind is your internal assessments account for 50% of your total subject mark, as the other 50% is your actual HSC exam so one bad mark in each subject won't make that much of a dent :-)

A bit of an anecdote: I flunked 2/5 of my subjects in half yearlies (marks just over 50%) and didn't do too much better in those subjects come trials. However, I'm now studying my dream course which had a guaranteed entry ATAR of 90+ :-)

You can do it, I believe in you!!!!!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

Abhiram

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: bad internal assessment task marks
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 09:30:23 pm »
Hi!

I think your attitude is amazing and that's already half the battle! You still have trials to go and with that attitude (and work) you can make it to your ATAR goal. Another thing to keep in mind is your internal assessments account for 50% of your total subject mark, as the other 50% is your actual HSC exam so one bad mark in each subject won't make that much of a dent :-)

A bit of an anecdote: I flunked 2/5 of my subjects in half yearlies (marks just over 50%) and didn't do too much better in those subjects come trials. However, I'm now studying my dream course which had a guaranteed entry ATAR of 90+ :-)

You can do it, I believe in you!!!!!

Hi
Thanks for the reply. Any tips on how to study for the trials and Hsc.