Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 09:15:54 am

Author Topic: .  (Read 3839 times)  Share 

jasmineerrose

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« on: March 03, 2018, 11:19:56 am »
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 09:22:33 pm by jasmineerrose »

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
Re: PDHPE EXAMPLES
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 11:59:38 am »
Hi.
I am currently studying for my half yearly's, i wanted to know what examples should i need know? (Health Priorities)

Hi...

It is always a good idea to include examples in exam questions, but there isn't always specific examples that you are required to know. As in, you can pick examples that you find helpful, or are relevant to you...

Are there any particular parts of the syllabus from Health Priorities that you are trying to find examples for?
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
Re: PDHPE EXAMPLES
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 04:26:48 pm »
Mainly stuff for the Ottawa charter, and the chronic disease

Hi...
So for these sections, you 100% need examples.

In preparing for your exam for the Ottawa Charter, I would suggest you make a table for each Ottawa Charter 'learn to' dotpoints:
(- principles of social justice and the responsibilities of individuals, communities and governments.
- critical analysis of two healthcare initiatives.
- benefits of health promotion using Ottawa Charter.)

With these, you can add examples to explain how each of the five action areas address the dot point. So overall, you would have one column for the action area, one column for an example/s, and one column for how they effect the relevant dotpoint.

E.g. Action area: Creating supportive environments.
Example: 'crunch and sip' initiative in Australian primary schools.
Effect: Builds behavioral expectations of healthy eating and promotes this positive health behaviour in childhood, making it more likely for these to be continued into adolescence and adulthood. This can lead to a decreased risk of lifestyle diseases, such as diabetes, heart disease etc.

The chronic disease 'learn to' states:

"research and analyse CVD, cancer and ONE other condition listed by:
the nature of the problem  extent of the problem (trends) risk factors and protective factors the sociocultural, socioeconomic and environmental determinants  groups at risk."

This means that you need to provide examples for each of these sections, and how they may affect individuals/ relate to the question. Note: you don't need to provide specific statistics for the extent of the condition, just the trend: whether the condition has increased/decreased or has been stable for the last 50 odd years.

If you are struggling to come up with some examples, I encourage you to head over to the notes section of ATAR Notes. There are heaps of excellent resources written by current and past PDHPE students that will be able to give you some more help!

Hope this helps.  :)
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD