Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:36:05 pm

Author Topic: HELPPPPP PLEASEEE  (Read 3952 times)  Share 

huss1235

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
HELPPPPP PLEASEEE
« on: September 28, 2017, 08:51:31 pm »
hi i need help regarding pd for core 2
for flexibility eg dynamic and PNF how does it improve performance
also principles of training eg progressive overload and specificity how do they improve performance
thank you
did i start to late

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
Re: HELPPPPP PLEASEEE
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 09:10:04 pm »
+5
hi i need help regarding pd for core 2
for flexibility eg dynamic and PNF how does it improve performance
also principles of training eg progressive overload and specificity how do they improve performance
thank you
did i start to late

Better to start now than not at all  ;D

Flexibility in general improves performance because it allows full and optimum range of motion in the joints e.g. efficiency in pitching in softball, thus accuracy getting more strikes and resulting in a great performance. It also decreases the risk of injury which improves performance as being injured can be a huge set back and if you play on you may not be able to play as well as you usually do, and if you have to rest up you have to spend time doing rehab to get back to the level you were at

Principles of training improve performance as followed:

Reversibility: doesn’t improve performance as such, but it indicates that you must train regularly to progress and get better

Specificity: training should be specific to a certain sport to ensure progressive improvement of performance and it is the most efficient way too. For instance, an endurance swimmer may run 10km to train cardiovascular endurance, but swimming around that amount would be much more beneficial to improving their performance as they are lessening their fatigue levels which any cardio vascular endurance type activity will do, but they are also training their shoulders/arms and legs at the same time, improving each session and eventually resulting in being able to perform better in events by using the energy they’re saving and improved strength to swim quicker

Variety: variety is moreso important for ensuring motivation levels are up, in order for the athlete to continue training at a top level to improve their performance. Training a variety of areas is also beneficial to improving performance as many sports ise a variety of muscle groups, and a variety of aspects make up the game. For instance, a rugby league player needs to train arms for tackling and legs for running, but they also need to ensure their training is a mix of conditioning these muscle groups, and tactics as well as there’s no use just being physically fit for a sport if you don’t know how to use it!

Training thresholds: similar to specificity, a marathon runner should focus on training in the aerobic zone, close to the anaerobic threshold, rather than actually in the anaerobic as that is the system they are using. Physiological adaptations generated from training in the aerobic zone will be much more beneficial to the marathon runner as they will develop characteristics they need for success like a greater capillary supply

Warm up/cool down: similar to the reasons for stretching above, as well as doing a light jog promotes the intake of oxygen so that when you start playing your muscles are already receiving nutrients which can assist in greater efficiency in movement and fatiguing slower

For specifics on pnf and all that, as well as principles of training I reccomend looking on PDHPE.net - great website! Or look at the notes on here :)

I’m sorry if that was a bit jumbled - this is my first time giving proper in-depth advice here but hope it helped you a bit!!!

Good luck :)
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

huss1235

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 11:57:55 pm »
WOW  :) :) thank you so much have you finished pdhpe or are you doing it this year and i do i still have time of getting good i  didn't really start now i have  already did more then half of core 1 thank you

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 08:49:29 am »
+2
WOW  :) :) thank you so much have you finished pdhpe or are you doing it this year and i do i still have time of getting good i  didn't really start now i have  already did more then half of core 1 thank you

No worries!! :)

I’m doing PD this year too but helping others helps me revise too haha!

Try your best to get all your notes together by this weekend, even if that means using some of the free ones on here. Then spend the next week and bit of the week after doing lots and lots of past paper responses!

Email your teacher’s with your responses for feedback too! I’m more than happy to look over them here as well if you’d like as I’m sure other pd students would too :) I do of course core 1 and 2 which I can look over your short answers for you, and for options I do sports medicine and improving performance so can also proof read those if you do them!
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)