Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:10:55 pm

Author Topic: Old Marking Rules  (Read 62977 times)

kavinila

• Trailblazer
  • School: Strathfield Girls HS
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Re: Old Marking Rules
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 10:23:18 pm »
It's 15 per extended response, so you can already put one of them up. Literally 2 more (legitimate) posts and you can put the other one up as well

oh haha okay cool! thankyou :)

kavinila

• Trailblazer
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 10:24:26 pm »
But didnt op already have a creative looked at paper 1? Which would mean that it would be more? Or was it not really marked? Im confused..

Rui is probably right, I'm tired so dont be alarmed :)

ahah no worries! thankyou anyway! :) good luck with the rest of your exams (Y)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2016, 11:27:05 pm »
hi hello! what are the current procedures?
I had my creative looked over the day before paper 1? how many posts do I need to have in order to have another essay/creative marked? (ext English exam on Monday)

many thanks! :)

Enter the man with the spreadsheet ;)

You need 30 posts for your next bit of feedback kavinila, so you've met that requirement. If you need to post two then hang around over the next day or two to get yourself up to 45! Won't take long I am sure! ;D

kavinila

• Trailblazer
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2016, 01:40:05 pm »
Enter the man with the spreadsheet ;)

You need 30 posts for your next bit of feedback kavinila, so you've met that requirement. If you need to post two then hang around over the next day or two to get yourself up to 45! Won't take long I am sure! ;D

ahh okay! thankyou so much :)

TheFreeMarketeer

• Trendsetter
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 12:31:32 pm »
Hey guys,

Fairly new here and this was something that appealed to me so I just had one quick question!

Once I gather 15 posts I'm eligible for free marking? Could someone tell me who to send my essay into once I do get 15 posts?

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 12:34:00 pm »
Hey guys,

Fairly new here and this was something that appealed to me so I just had one quick question!

Once I gather 15 posts I'm eligible for free marking? Could someone tell me who to send my essay into once I do get 15 posts?
Essays are not "sent" to anyone here. There are threads in each subjects' respective forums that you use to post up your essay for feedback.

All that matters is that your 15 posts aren't spam. Otherwise, yes each 15 posts equates to 1 essay eligible to be marked

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 12:39:39 pm »
Hey guys,

Welcome! I hope the site proves useful for you ;D

The Timzone

• Adventurer
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 06:16:20 pm »
This is awesome! But I just gotta question? Will you guys manage to provide Ancient History marking or PDHPE marking soon or sometime in the future?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2016, 07:15:00 pm »
This is awesome! But I just gotta question? Will you guys manage to provide Ancient History marking or PDHPE marking soon or sometime in the future?

Right now we don't have anyone who can mark those subjects, but you never know, we may get there in the future!! :) in the meantime you can upload it for some advice from your peers? We had a few people do that for Business Studies earlier in the month and people got some cool feedback that way (obviously that relies on your fellow students being awesome) ;)

TheFreeMarketeer

• Trendsetter
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2016, 11:51:14 am »
Essays are not "sent" to anyone here. There are threads in each subjects' respective forums that you use to post up your essay for feedback.

All that matters is that your 15 posts aren't spam. Otherwise, yes each 15 posts equates to 1 essay eligible to be marked

Oh, okay.

Does that mean that everyone can read my essay when I post it in that particular thread? Additionally, where can I find these threads?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2016, 12:02:35 pm »
Oh, okay.

Does that mean that everyone can read my essay when I post it in that particular thread? Additionally, where can I find these threads?

Yep, if you post your essay for marking, it is viewable by other users (and the feedback is public too). The purpose of this is so that everyone can benefit from the feedback; we've found that people are fixing their own mistakes just by seeing them corrected in other peoples work :) so you get awesome, specific, detailed feedback on your writing, while at the same time we compile a portfolio of student works and feedback that can benefit everyone at the same time. It's a win win :)

We've never had any issues with plagiarism or anything of the sort, and we've done marking for NSW all year, so no stress there :)

You can find the marking threads by navigating to the board for that subject; usually it is in orange near the top of the page. For example, this is the AoS board, and you'll see marking threads for essays and creative writing right near the top of the list :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2016, 02:32:01 am »
Attention All!

Elyse and I have been pretty relaxed on the essay marking post restriction in the last fortnight or so, but things are picking up again, and so we're now going back to being strict. Full details in the original post of this thread, but remember, every 15 Posts on ATAR Notes qualifies you for one essay marked. You can't increase this count by spamming threads or playing in the Forum Games section; they must be genuine posts that contribute to the community. Have a chat! Ask a question! All that good stuff ;D

Best of luck to everyone on their first round of assessments! :)

bsdfjnlkasn

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2016, 10:38:12 pm »
Hey there,

I'm new here and was just wondering if you qualified for post points if you reviewed notes given for free in the notes section?
Also, this seems like a great idea and is really considerate of those who don't have cash to splash around, you know?
Hoping to send some stuff through soon :D

Thank you!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2016, 11:44:10 pm »
Hey there,

I'm new here and was just wondering if you qualified for post points if you reviewed notes given for free in the notes section?
Also, this seems like a great idea and is really considerate of those who don't have cash to splash around, you know?
Hoping to send some stuff through soon :D

Thank you!

Hey hey! Welcome to the forums! ;D

We are really happy we can do this for you guys ;D thanks heaps for reviewing the notes, but unfortunately we can't count it, purely because there is no easy way to include those reviews in the count without physically going through and checking all of them. The count you need (using me as an example) is the number you see to the left of this text below my display picture!! :)

bsdfjnlkasn

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2016, 11:31:55 am »
Hey hey! Welcome to the forums! ;D

We are really happy we can do this for you guys ;D thanks heaps for reviewing the notes, but unfortunately we can't count it, purely because there is no easy way to include those reviews in the count without physically going through and checking all of them. The count you need (using me as an example) is the number you see to the left of this text below my display picture!! :)

Ahhh ok, so a long way to go for me haha .. I was just wondering if there was a way that I could be notified if I have been replied to on a post because I had to manually select this post and have a look (which I don't mind having to do) but for future use where I (hopefully) will posting all over the place it would be helpful having some central way to locate all the updates. But overall, this isn't too laborious so I don't mind looking through for myself  :)

Thanks again  8)