Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:40:27 pm

Author Topic: How to get a band 6 in PDHPE  (Read 40768 times)  Share 

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: How to get a band 6 in PDHPE
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2017, 11:40:06 am »
How do you recommend memorising the syllabus? I'm struggling so much to remember Core 2 ...

This article might be worth a read! :)

kylesara

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2017, 12:31:22 pm »
Hi I was just wondering, for Improving Performance,
Do you choose TWO types of training ie aerobic, strength, anaerobic, flexibility or skill
OR do you need to cover all of them?
Thanks

DonQ

• Adventurer
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2017, 05:13:11 pm »
Does anyone have good mnemonics for PDHPE, in terms of memorising the syllabus

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2017, 09:14:25 pm »
+1
Does anyone have good mnemonics for PDHPE, in terms of memorising the syllabus

RSVP To Wedding for principles of training
Reversibility
Specificity
Variety
Progressive overload
Training thresholds
Warm up and cool down
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

magnesium4

• Adventurer
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2017, 08:54:18 am »
Hello,

This might be a stupid question. But, instead of writing "Coronary Heart Disease, Stroke and Peripheral Vascular Disease", can you just write "Cardiovascular Disease"?

magnesium4

• Adventurer
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2017, 09:03:25 am »
Hello,

Do we need to know about the Jakarta Declaration?

MangoMood

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2017, 06:29:27 pm »
Hey, can you please send me the notes as well please?  :D
Also for your options did you do health of young people and equity of health?

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2017, 07:15:48 pm »
Hello,

Do we need to know about the Jakarta Declaration?

Hey there!! Nope it’s not compulsory to learn anymore since the 2010 syllabus change so no real point looking into it unless you wanna get some background info into other health promotion initiatives :)

Hello,

This might be a stupid question. But, instead of writing "Coronary Heart Disease, Stroke and Peripheral Vascular Disease", can you just write "Cardiovascular Disease"?

Will be dependent on the question but yes you can! If it was a higher order question like an 8 marker maybe go over what CVD consists of aka the other three you mentioned. But if it was only around a two marker I doubt you’d need to go into depth :)

Mod Edit: Post merge :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:40:54 pm by jamonwindeyer »
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2017, 07:18:44 pm »
+1
Hey, can you please send me the notes as well please?  :D
Also for your options did you do health of young people and equity of health?

There’s a bunch of notes here for PD https://atarnotes.com/notes/?pag=1&state=3719&subject=4970&unit=0&key=&sort=date for core 1 and 2 in particular but unfortunately I can’t seem to see them for your options. But still have a double check and defs look through the core 1 and 2 ones!!

Otherwise maybe get a group of friends together to make syllabus notes, it’s really good to have a strong set of notes and doing it with others makes a boring task not so boring  ;D
HSC subjects

aitks0117

• Adventurer
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2017, 12:05:37 pm »
Does anyone have any tips on how to memorise the syllabus? I'm struggling!
Thank you in advance

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2017, 01:04:21 pm »
Does anyone have any tips on how to memorise the syllabus? I'm struggling!
Thank you in advance

Flash cards are always good! Write the big dot point on the front and the rest on the back :)
HSC subjects

Zizzle

• Adventurer
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2017, 07:54:33 pm »
Hi,

For Improving Performance, does anyone need to know if we only learn 2 training types, or do we cover all of them? This is for the first part of the syllabus under 'How do athletes train for improved performance?'

Thanks!

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2017, 07:58:42 pm »
+1
Hi,

For Improving Performance, does anyone need to know if we only learn 2 training types, or do we cover all of them? This is for the first part of the syllabus under 'How do athletes train for improved performance?'

Thanks!

Hey! Only two training types, my school did strength and anaerobic :) so if they ask about training types you just write about your twoooo
HSC subjects

Zizzle

• Adventurer
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2017, 09:22:02 pm »
+1
Hey! Only two training types, my school did strength and anaerobic :) so if they ask about training types you just write about your twoooo

Ok sweet! Thank you :)