Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 09:47:21 pm

Author Topic: timetabling...  (Read 25338 times)  Share 

shonakennedy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +2
timetabling...
« on: February 17, 2009, 06:11:01 pm »
i know this has probably already been answered.... but ive just spent half an hour searching through topics to find an answer and failed... when do we know for sure that our timetable has been allocated and finalised?

2007: Bio[32]-HHD[36]
2008: English[43]-Lit[32]-Further[39]-Psych[35]-Chem[25]
2009: Bachelor of Nursing/Midwifery (Y)

Desired ENTER:            Actual ENTER:
> 9000                        85.80

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
Re: timetabling...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 06:16:52 pm »
http://allocate.cc.monash.edu.au/

Thu 19 Feb 5.00pm, Allocate+ closes to students

Fri 20 Feb, sort is run

Tue 24 Feb 7am, Allocate+ opens to students in Allocation Adjustment Mode (i.e. you get your timetable, but you can move into other lecture/tutorial times if there is space left in them and if it doesn't clash)

Mon 23 Mar 5pm, Allocate+ Allocation Adjustment Mode closes. View Only Mode open to students (this is when timetable is finalised and you cannot make any more changes)
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

shonakennedy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 06:59:17 pm »
damn thats painful... my boss has been on my back for a whole month trying to get me to tell her when im able to work. so she just went ahead and made the roster for the next month and has put me on during the times i was hoping to get allocated to  >:( not happy jan.

ty for your help ninwa. your great.  :)

2007: Bio[32]-HHD[36]
2008: English[43]-Lit[32]-Further[39]-Psych[35]-Chem[25]
2009: Bachelor of Nursing/Midwifery (Y)

Desired ENTER:            Actual ENTER:
> 9000                        85.80

happypuff

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 08:00:07 am »
damn thats painful... my boss has been on my back for a whole month trying to get me to tell her when im able to work. so she just went ahead and made the roster for the next month and has put me on during the times i was hoping to get allocated to  >:( not happy jan.

You've had a whole month to say when you're able to work. You nearly always get your first preferences. You could have given your work a rough guideline.
Ie I told mine near the end of january my availability is likely to be such and such but I can only confirm it on the 24th feb and tuesday and thursday might change a bit in when I can start.
There is no way I would leave work hanging and tell them after the roster is done that 'oh i can't work then i has lecture', when you have known about that for over a month.

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 01:55:27 pm »

I'm not telling my workz until 2moz/2nite.
Workplace politics, and me putting it offs ::)

I consider 2 weeks notice 2 b fair in my circumstances.
I mean, they can fire me with less notice than that.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 02:27:21 pm »

You've had a whole month to say when you're able to work. You nearly always get your first preferences. You could have given your work a rough guideline.
Ie I told mine near the end of january my availability is likely to be such and such but I can only confirm it on the 24th feb and tuesday and thursday might change a bit in when I can start.
There is no way I would leave work hanging and tell them after the roster is done that 'oh i can't work then i has lecture', when you have known about that for over a month.

Well, aren't you special. Perhaps you should spend less time tooting your own horn about how awesome you are notifying the place where you work (lol, a job of HEIGHTENED RESPONSIBILITY I might add) and more time helping shona instead. Not castigating her for a mistake she made without the knowledge that "you almost always get your first preference". Something someone who has seen how Allocate+ works for 2 semesters would know. Not a first year who has no idea and is afraid of misleading her employer.

Nice work there, genius.

Re: Shona, what happypuff was trying to say in a highly unnecessary, self-promoting, and snarky tone, is that you should give them the times you hope to be free. At the same time you should tell them that these times are not final but it should be a rough guideline.

I'd also apologise for the delay, but then explain that you were worried about giving them the wrong times, and then having to reverse them a few weeks later because you weren't sure how reliable the Monash timetabling system was.

I'm sure they'll understand. :) Good luck.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 02:32:22 pm by enwiabe »

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 04:02:15 pm »

Moving on >.>

I checked my allocations coz prefs close 2moz and I did mine a while ago (jst wanted 2 make sure I was still happy with them).
I think they added a new tute time 4 1 of my units; there was 1 there that wasn't there b4 and it had 0% as it's popularity thingy.

I actually prefer that tute time to wot I had as my original 1st pref, so I put that 1st and pushed all my other prefs bak 1 (1st became 2nd... u get the idea).

Do u reckon that if not enuf ppl do that tute (coz it's empty @ mo) that they won't run that class, and I won't b able 2 get in2 my 2nd or 3rd pref? (coz they're both sitting on bout 200%)
I jst remember that last semester, there was a nearly-empty tute that they canceled bout 3 weeks in coz there weren't enuf ppl in the class.

Hmmm... as long as I don't have any 8am classes and I get 2g2 uni only 3 days a week, I'll b pretty happy.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 10:15:55 am »

Well, aren't you special. Perhaps you should spend less time tooting your own horn about how awesome you are notifying the place where you work (lol, a job of HEIGHTENED RESPONSIBILITY I might add) and more time helping shona instead. Not castigating her for a mistake she made without the knowledge that "you almost always get your first preference". Something someone who has seen how Allocate+ works for 2 semesters would know. Not a first year who has no idea and is afraid of misleading her employer.

Nice work there, genius.

Re: Shona, what happypuff was trying to say in a highly unnecessary, self-promoting, and snarky tone, is that you should give them the times you hope to be free. At the same time you should tell them that these times are not final but it should be a rough guideline.

I'd also apologise for the delay, but then explain that you were worried about giving them the wrong times, and then having to reverse them a few weeks later because you weren't sure how reliable the Monash timetabling system was.

I'm sure they'll understand. :) Good luck.

As much as I agree with you enwiabe, a bit of tact could have been used - especially as you are aware of her medical condition that makes it very difficult for her to be empathetic.
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

AppleXY

• Life cannot be Delta Hedged.
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Even when the bears bite, confidence never dies.
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 12:14:36 am »
Btw isn't it Allocate8? Allocate+ is what they use in UoM.

2009 - BBus (Econometrics/Economics&Fin) @ Monash

For Email: click here

Need a question answered? Merspi it!

[quote="Benjamin F

AppleThief

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 12:21:21 am »
Btw isn't it Allocate8? Allocate+ is what they use in UoM.
lol rly? UoM website says Alloc8.

costargh

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 12:30:06 am »
apple u idiot. monash is allocate+

champorado

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • f yeh.
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 12:55:08 am »
is it too late to transfer?

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 01:10:05 am »
transfer to another course or transfer to a different subject?
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

champorado

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • f yeh.
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 01:12:05 am »
sorry, transfer to another course, i guess. i think you should just go look at the timetable thread on the UoM board.

AppleXY

• Life cannot be Delta Hedged.
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Even when the bears bite, confidence never dies.
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 01:18:40 am »
HAHAAH LOL SHIT I GOT CONFUSED.

:(

2009 - BBus (Econometrics/Economics&Fin) @ Monash

For Email: click here

Need a question answered? Merspi it!

[quote="Benjamin F