Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:41:15 am

Author Topic: HSC Business Studies Question Thread  (Read 221079 times)  Share 

dani01

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
Re: HSC Business Studies Question Thread
« Reply #705 on: August 08, 2019, 03:13:14 pm »
In business reports do we need to include case studies? I know that we need to in the business essay

And if we do how do we include it into the report and how many times. Also I saw a video where Andrew said that he drew diagrams. Is this essential and can it maximise my marks or is it more just to jazz up the report? thankyou!

dani01

• Forum Regular
« Reply #706 on: August 08, 2019, 04:58:33 pm »
Also what are some good terms to put in a business report.
Basically what I mean is like
This report will include...
The purpose of this report is to address concerns that.......
etc.

and instead of saying I recommend do I just say it is recommended..

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #707 on: August 08, 2019, 05:47:30 pm »
+1
In business reports do we need to include case studies? I know that we need to in the business essay

And if we do how do we include it into the report and how many times. Also I saw a video where Andrew said that he drew diagrams. Is this essential and can it maximise my marks or is it more just to jazz up the report? thankyou!

Hi!!

In business reports you don't need to include case studies because you're writing about a case study (sort of)! I personally don't think diagrams are essential but if you think they add to your argument include them :-)

Also what are some good terms to put in a business report.
Basically what I mean is like
This report will include...
The purpose of this report is to address concerns that.......
etc.

and instead of saying I recommend do I just say it is recommended..

No fancy language needed - be straightforward as if you were actually addressing the report to a CEO, they wouldn't want their time to be wasted so just try and be concise :-) In saying that, if you can include concepts from the syllabus that would be a huge plus for you and your marks hahah.

Good luck!!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

es123

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #708 on: August 10, 2019, 12:30:12 pm »
Hi, I'm in year 12 and currently ranked first in business studies. I was equal first with someone for the first two assessments and then was ranked first in the last assessment. My trial is coming up and I was wondering if I don't do well in the trial will I still maintain an overall first rank?

jelena_nina2001

• Forum Regular
« Reply #709 on: August 14, 2019, 08:33:08 pm »
hey so with the 2018 hsc pack, i dont get how q20 is B? sorry to be brash, just busily studying
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 08:37:47 pm by jelena_nina2001 »

nishta

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #710 on: August 14, 2019, 08:38:32 pm »
hey so with the 2018 hsc pack, i dont get how q20 is B?

Hey,

so the accounts receivable turnover ratio is 600,000/41,000 = 14.63... (as the formula says)
but this only gives how many times the money has been turned over in a year, NOT the number of days.

for the number of days, you do 365/14.63 which = 24.94... or 25 days. Which is B as required.

You just have to remember the difference between the number of times the business has been paid in total in a year, and the number of days it takes on average for these debts to be collected.

Hope this helps :)
HSC 2019: English Extension 2, Maths Advanced, Legal Studies, Business Studies, Visual Arts

jelena_nina2001

• Forum Regular
« Reply #711 on: August 14, 2019, 08:57:07 pm »
+1
ahhhhhhh thankyou so much i get it now! i knew you had to divide something by 365 hahaha. Thankyou so much once again. If i can do anything in return, please let me know xx

leemsdang

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #712 on: August 15, 2019, 10:22:16 pm »
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for study guides for HSC Business Year 12? Ideally something that will cover content for the entire syllabus?

Many thanks in advance!!

Grace0702

• MOTM: OCT 19
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #713 on: August 18, 2019, 06:29:10 pm »
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for study guides for HSC Business Year 12? Ideally something that will cover content for the entire syllabus?

Many thanks in advance!!

Hey! I have the Excel HSC Business studies book and it is pretty good, it goes through the entire syllabus in detail with scattered case studies, but it is pretty thick. If you want something that's really easy to read I suggest the ATARNotes Business Studies Notes. Again it covers the whole syllabus. It's concise and simple to read and understand, and it gives examples of the Qantas case study. I use the AN book a lot to refresh my memory about certain concepts.

Hope this helps!
HSC 2019: Advanced Maths 92 || Standard English 89 || Physics 80 || Business Studies
95 || Information Processes and Technology 94 || Studies of Religion 1 45

ATAR: 96.05

2020: B Engineering/B Commerce @USYD

dani01

• Forum Regular
« Reply #714 on: August 21, 2019, 05:58:13 pm »
Hi! so I'm currently writing up some notes for HR and in my old textbook induction falls under development but my new textbook states it is part acquisition? Could I argue either one? Which one should I state and why
thanks

Grace0702

• MOTM: OCT 19
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #715 on: September 11, 2019, 08:05:34 pm »
Hey everyone!

Can someone please explain what exactly a financial forecast is and why a business would it.

HSC 2019: Advanced Maths 92 || Standard English 89 || Physics 80 || Business Studies
95 || Information Processes and Technology 94 || Studies of Religion 1 45

ATAR: 96.05

2020: B Engineering/B Commerce @USYD

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #716 on: September 12, 2019, 07:53:47 am »
+2
Hey everyone!

Can someone please explain what exactly a financial forecast is and why a business would it.

Heya!

A financial forecast is the business’ predictions about the future which specifically details costs and revenues for each strategy.

Developing a financial forecast requires:
1.   Cost estimate – based on market research, product development, promotion
2.   Revenue estimate – based on how much consumers are expected to buy, for what price and what sales staff predict they will sell

By measuring sales potential and revenue forecasts for each strategy and comparing these with anticipated expenditure, the business can effectively allocate marketing resources. Analysing projected costs and revenue allows the business to forecast future profit levels as well as the future success of marketing strategies.

Hope this helps ;D
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

dani01

• Forum Regular
« Reply #717 on: September 20, 2019, 09:50:20 am »
+1
Would someone be able to tell me what the short term and what are the long term financial objectives?
Also what are some potential conflicts? I do have info on conlficts but I came across a paper where it was 6 marks and I'm not sure what I would write about conflicts for 6 marks!

Thanks  :)  :D

thomaselko

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #718 on: October 02, 2019, 12:58:45 pm »
Would someone be able to tell me what the short term and what are the long term financial objectives?
Also what are some potential conflicts? I do have info on conlficts but I came across a paper where it was 6 marks and I'm not sure what I would write about conflicts for 6 marks!

Thanks  :)  :D

We look at for example Growth as a long term goal, now if a business was to invest in the growth of its firm this may result in the business utilizing sources of finance in order to expand in return this will impact short term Efficiency as expenses would rise (efficiency is the businesses ability to minimise costs)  therefore decreasing the short term Profitability, which may result in unsatisfied shareholders ect. If it was an explain question, I would just talk about the cause and effect of 3 objectives (cause 1 mark, effect 1 mark) so you would get 2 marks for each of the objectives. Best to look at the marking rubric but I hope this helps

thomaselko

• Fresh Poster
Re: Business Studies Question Thread
« Reply #719 on: October 02, 2019, 01:01:07 pm »
Hi! Could someone please help me? I don't know how the critical path works! I keep getting different answers along the lines of "it's the shortest path" or "the longest path"... Someone even started a poll on Facebook, and it seems almost 50/50!

I would upload the photo of an example, but it won't let me unless it's in another format...

By definition, it is the "shortest path to complete all tasks" however when calculating the critical path I just count the longest number of days, a lot of people do get confused on this but just keep practicing until you get it right! Good luck