Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 02:01:06 am

Author Topic: Crime essay predictions 2020?  (Read 3538 times)  Share 

nuria244

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Crime essay predictions 2020?
« on: September 27, 2020, 11:13:08 am »
+1
Does anyone have any predictions on what the crime essay might be this year? I think it might be international crime or young offenders :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Crime essay predictions 2020?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 01:02:49 pm »
+3
Does anyone have any predictions on what the crime essay might be this year? I think it might be international crime or young offenders :)

Both of those have been asked in the last five years, so they'd be feeling generous if they asked one of those (though maybe they will be feeling generous given the crazy year we've had...) ;D

Last years was super, super specific (post sentencing considerations linked to balancing individual and community rights) so I wouldn't be shocked if they did that again. Maybe police powers? Another thing they could do, which they have done for the options but not the core, is law reform as a means of achieving justice. I've always thought that would make a great question, and they did it for the options so that means they're open to doing it! :)

(remember to prepare broadly regardless, trying to hedge your bets is likely not to end well!)

AntDono

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Crime essay predictions 2020?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 04:47:08 pm »
I am definitely feeling they will do encouraging compliance and resolving non compliance or they could do discretion because they love asking it and have asked it twice since the turn of the new syllabus