Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:22:03 am

Author Topic: Post Selective School Exam Discussion  (Read 24906 times)  Share 

ciaosally

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Post Selective School Exam Discussion
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2019, 05:19:41 pm »
here’s my situation now
i honestly feel like i flunked the test especially math, i just looked at the answers and randomly guessed. I did the first half for numerical and verbal but guessed the rest completely. For writing i did decent but didn’t really have a problem ( but if 3 quick lines of realising he trespassed is a problem then ok)
i did pretty good for reading. I honestly am so crushed seeing as though all my friends did pretty well. :’(

in the same situation rn as well, except that everyone i know seemed to have found it hard. what did your friends say about the tests?

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
  • yes, it’s true i suck at math
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2019, 05:25:04 pm »
in the same situation rn as well, except that everyone i know seemed to have found it hard. what did your friends say about the tests?
They each have an area of academics that they are particularly good at. One of them finished and completely finished verbal with no guesses at all, she said writing and reading was easy (but i did too?)
another friend of mine said math and numerical were really easy and the english tests were hard. Im somewhere in the middle :(

pangushi

« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2019, 06:07:31 pm »
here’s my situation now
i honestly feel like i flunked the test especially math, i just looked at the answers and randomly guessed. I did the first half for numerical and verbal but guessed the rest completely. For writing i did decent but didn’t really have a problem ( but if 3 quick lines of realising he trespassed is a problem then ok)
i did pretty good for reading. I honestly am so crushed seeing as though all my friends did pretty well. :’(

you are definitely not alone !! that’s like what I practically did and my chances of getting in imo are extremely slim and like your friends, my friends did pretty well also but i hope you get into your desired school and speaking of which, what school(s) did you apply for ?

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2019, 06:21:46 pm »
you are definitely not alone !! that’s like what I practically did and my chances of getting in imo are extremely slim and like your friends, my friends did pretty well also but i hope you get into your desired school and speaking of which, what school(s) did you apply for ?
suzanne then macrob second
but a lot of people put suzanne first and i-

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2019, 06:48:14 pm »
ALSO,, i have a quick question
For the results which i think come out on the 8th, if you don’t get an offer and you get rejected do you get an email saying you got rejected or do you not get anything expecting to see like a second round or a PD?

someone5643

• Forum Regular
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2019, 07:12:34 pm »
ALSO,, i have a quick question
For the results which i think come out on the 8th, if you don’t get an offer and you get rejected do you get an email saying you got rejected or do you not get anything expecting to see like a second round or a PD?
no they just inform you that you havent been accepted, no information about whether or not you will be given an oppurtunity later on

CurryCid18

• Adventurer
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2019, 07:22:28 pm »
Hey ppl,

I went like 3 seconds over time(my bad) on Verbal and this teacher came up to me and was very cross. She said I “will be noted.” Anyone have any idea if that actually means something?

Also does someone know how the second round offers work? Is the second round basically the Principal’s Discretion)?

MemeMaster

• Trailblazer
  • memes
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2019, 07:25:44 pm »
+1
Hey ppl,

I went like 3 seconds over time(my bad) on Verbal and this teacher came up to me and was very cross. She said I “will be noted.” Anyone have any idea if that actually means something?

Also does someone know how the second round offers work? Is the second round basically the Principal’s Discretion)?

That’s a f in the chat I’d be terrified if a teacher told me that
 I think second round offers are just offers you get if there’s an open spot because a student rejected it or didn’t respond in time and principals discretion is a whole another thing but don’t quote me on that
bork

someone5643

• Forum Regular
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2019, 07:37:36 pm »
 I think second round offers are just offers you get if there’s an open spot because a student rejected it or didn’t respond in time and principals discretion is a whole another thing but don’t quote me on that
yeah ok so basically first round is just smartest people
Second round is if they rejected it or they didnt accept in time, also I heard if you dont go to the open day thing they have then your position gets like taken away so ppl can have their offer dropped if they dont show up and that also opens up spots
Third round is basically more offers plus principles discretion where you need to write a letter and then you are a potential candidate for an interview with the principal

someone5643

• Forum Regular
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2019, 07:38:03 pm »
yeah ok so basically first round is just smartest people
Second round is if they rejected it or they didnt accept in time, also I heard if you dont go to the open day thing they have then your position gets like taken away so ppl can have their offer dropped if they dont show up and that also opens up spots
Third round is basically more offers plus principles discretion where you need to write a letter and then you are a potential candidate for an interview with the principal

CurryCid18

• Adventurer
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2019, 09:21:20 pm »

I was freaking out yesterday! Verbal was the first paper and it shook me for the rest of the day. I’m petrified that something’s going to happen because of it. Does any one else know if they actually do something about it? Or should I should I email the Education department people? Ik it sounds way too much but at this stage I really need an answer.

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2019, 09:30:12 pm »
I was freaking out yesterday! Verbal was the first paper and it shook me for the rest of the day. I’m petrified that something’s going to happen because of it. Does any one else know if they actually do something about it? Or should I should I email the Education department people? Ik it sounds way too much but at this stage I really need an answer.
tbh, idk what the education department people will say. in a way, if you email them and it turns out that the supervisors never "noted" it in the first place and it actually has a concequence then youre stuck. but, i mean, i don't think shading bubbles over time is gonna result in your exams not being marked or getting marks deducted.

academiicc

• Trailblazer
  • @notamiratho
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2019, 09:45:59 pm »
here’s my situation now

ohmygof are we the same person??? like i know i completely flunked verbal, numerical and maths. reading comp is the only one i am happy about, writing was decent. i was pretty disappointed too when everybody seems to have done well and i’ve done so shit. i wanna go suzanne too but that thing about everybody putting suzanne cory as their first pref is so truee  :'( my chances of getting accepted are soooo slim rn it’s not even funny oof
yr10:
yr11:
yr12:

ATAR goal: 95

academiicc

• Trailblazer
  • @notamiratho
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2019, 09:52:20 pm »
Hey ppl,

wow. i saw so many people going like 5 seconds over time finalising their answer sheets or something, you got rlly unlucky   :(
yr10:
yr11:
yr12:

ATAR goal: 95

MemeMaster

• Trailblazer
  • memes
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2019, 10:11:50 pm »
wow. i saw so many people going like 5 seconds over time finalising their answer sheets or something, you got rlly unlucky   :(
really unlucky if I’m being honest I went like 40 seconds overtime in maths because I forgot to colour in the last few questions but luckily the teacher didn’t see me (I hope)
bork