Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:52:50 am

Author Topic: Front Covers  (Read 1117 times)  Share 

aaackk

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +9
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Front Covers
« on: September 10, 2012, 08:49:39 pm »
When does the front cover of the end of year psych exam paper come out? I wonder if Section C will be 10 marks again or 15 marks.

ellaa81

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +24
Re: Front Covers
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 05:42:01 pm »
Not sure, however I thought it's worth mentioning that the front cover that comes out is only a SAMPLE. It does not necessarily mean that is exactly what will be on the exam, unlike what most people think. Just assume it will be 15 marks since the mid-year was only 10, can't go wrong :)
2012 ATAR: 96.40 - Psychology [50] Health and Human Development [45] ~ 2013: B.A - University of Melbourne

CONNECT EDUCATION

Tutoring VCE Psychology at State Library/Eastern suburbs :) Please feel free to PM!

aaackk

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 05:45:56 pm »
Not sure, however I thought it's worth mentioning that the front cover that comes out is only a SAMPLE. It does not necessarily mean that is exactly what will be on the exam, unlike what most people think. Just assume it will be 15 marks since the mid-year was only 10, can't go wrong :)

I'm pretty sure they release the legit front covers sometime before the exam lol, not samples.

Lasercookie

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +326
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 06:17:39 pm »

I'm pretty sure they release the legit front covers sometime before the exam lol, not samples.
Nah the front covers they do release are labelled 'sample', giving VCAA the flexibility to make changes to the number of questions and marks on the actual exam. Most of the time the actual exam and the front cover they release don't change though.

ellaa81

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 06:53:24 pm »

Nah the front covers they do release are labelled 'sample', giving VCAA the flexibility to make changes to the number of questions and marks on the actual exam. Most of the time the actual exam and the front cover they release don't change though.

This is correct. If you have another look at the mid-year one, it actually has sample on it. But as laseredd said it is often the same, but you can't be sure. Just prepare for a 15 marker :)
2012 ATAR: 96.40 - Psychology [50] Health and Human Development [45] ~ 2013: B.A - University of Melbourne

CONNECT EDUCATION

Tutoring VCE Psychology at State Library/Eastern suburbs :) Please feel free to PM!

aaackk

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 07:43:42 pm »
+1
oh sorry. thats lame then LOL. I really hope its not 15 marks I hate section C haha

charmanderp

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +305
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 07:54:17 pm »
Yeah for Chem this year the cover released indicated that that the Unit 3 exam would be worth 77 marks and it turned out to be out of only 75.
University of Melbourne - Bachelor of Arts majoring in English, Economics and International Studies (2013 onwards)