Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:16:46 pm

Poll

i hope u hv a great day :)

~
0 (0%)
~
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 24, 2020, 06:19:41 pm

Author Topic: Eloise's slightly cHaOTic journey through VCE !  (Read 27364 times)

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: el's vce journey :)
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2020, 08:55:07 am »
+2
Mid Week Update

Hello everyone! A lil update here because I am in a good mood and i have lots to share with you :)

Personal
I have started to become more positive towards online school and this whole situation! This has been one of the first few weeks in year 11 where I have not felt overwhelmed. I have been truly happy which is great! And lastly, my shoulder is getting better and stronger. I had a strength test and a 1/3 of the tests were 100% (same strength as my good arm) with the rest being around 75%-90%. I'm so happy as for the past month I feel like my rehab has been useless but 5 months after my recon I am finally seeing proper results!

I completed my silver Duke of Ed finally! I got everything signed off and I'm super excited to start working on my gold :)

Further 3/4
We have nearly finished chapter 8 which is good. I want to start doing some checkpoints and other questions as I go. Also, I got my SAC result back. I was so nervous... this is my first ever SAC result ever. I opened it while on a call with my friends which was quite funny hahaha.

I wish I could put this in one of those open boxes, I don't know how to do this so if you do please teach me how  :D
I got an A+!!

I am so incredibly happy and this result counts for at least 10% of my study score (may be more due to Unit 3 weighting of data analysis and financial)

Chemistry 1/2
I love chem. I got my Unit 1 AOS1 test back and I got a 96%!! I really don't know how I got this but I am very proud of myself and I'm glad I have a solid grasp of this topic.
OMG YAY! It sounds like you've had a really good week all round!!!! Congrats on your achievements!
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2020, 08:08:30 pm »
+5
I wish I could put this in one of those open boxes, I don't know how to do this so if you do please teach me how  :D
I got an A+!!
Hey there, Eloisegrace.

If I interpreted your words correctly, I think you're talking about spoilers. You can check out this link under the section "How to use spoilers" to learn how to do this.

Enjoy! :)
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2020, 11:41:41 am »
+1
Hey there, Eloisegrace.

If I interpreted your words correctly, I think you're talking about spoilers. You can check out this link under the section "How to use spoilers" to learn how to do this.

Enjoy! :)

Thankyou! Exactly what I wanted :)
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

Marylen

• Forum Regular
  • 'You can live with disappointment but not regret.'
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2020, 02:09:14 pm »
+3
Hey Eloise!  ;D
It's great to hear that you got an A+ on your Further Maths SAC, as well as your chem SAC! C'est tres bien! My results came out last week for Further and I'm happy with my results as well but I'm still bothered by the minute mistakes I made :/ What are you guys covering in VCE French so far? Do you find it tricky compared to your other subjects? I did French during my junior years of high school because it was compulsory but I dropped out in year 9 because it started to get harder. I also did units 1/2 Vietnamese at a language school (My ethnicity is Vietnamese) but I dropped out as well because I gave up on LOTES.

Marylen

Marylen's VCE journal

2020:
Psych: 40
Further Maths: 39

2021:
Methods, Accounting, English & Chemistry

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2020, 09:26:04 pm »
+5
Hey Eloise!  ;D
It's great to hear that you got an A+ on your Further Maths SAC, as well as your chem SAC! C'est tres bien! My results came out last week for Further and I'm happy with my results as well but I'm still bothered by the minute mistakes I made :/ What are you guys covering in VCE French so far? Do you find it tricky compared to your other subjects? I did French during my junior years of high school because it was compulsory but I dropped out in year 9 because it started to get harder. I also did units 1/2 Vietnamese at a language school (My ethnicity is Vietnamese) but I dropped out as well because I gave up on LOTES.

Thank you! I am extra happy about further because this SAC now counts for 16% and I am either rank 1 or equal rank 1 I think! I hope everything is going well with you with further and psychology.

In French, we cover different topics each term as well as a range of text types and grammar structures. Last term we covered recreational activities and revised adverbs, negatives and relative pronouns. This term, we are learning about French History which is super interesting even though I forget all about it after class and are mainly focusing on the past tenses. We had one outcome (an oral about a movie we liked) and we have two outcomes this term, one a writing and one a reading and listening task. I find French super chill but I find myself not putting much extra effort which I hope I will improve over this year in preparation for year 12. Doing a LOTE is hard but I find it very fun and I think it is worth learning the language and it does scale nicely which is a bonus :)
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2020, 04:28:26 pm »
+6
Mini Update Time!

I want to do a larger update but I feel like I have a couple of things to say :).

First I want to personally thank everyone who I have interacted with on AN. I love this community and I am so excited to continue my journal and reading others during my VCE years.
I am so grateful to have received MOTM for April! When I saw my name I was speechless! A big thanks to everyone :)

Another thing... I am super stressed for my methods SAC this week and next week. It is worth a whopping 22% of my ss and I don't really know how to prepare for it. I have done some of the practice SACs and they were near impossible but I did the 2020 introductory task and found it easy? I am really hoping for the best for this task as it is really starting to stress me out and as it is worth so much I want to do well and hopefully rank in the top 10 (out of 50 in a very strong cohort at a very strong school).

I appreciate every single one of my over 1200! viewers of this journal!

Eloise xx
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2020, 05:00:04 pm »
+3
Hi eloise,
MOTM is definitely well deserved! I'm glad you've created a journal and are a part of the AN community  8)

It's totally normal to feel a little stressed! This is your first year doing 3/4 subjects and it's normal to want to do well. Just stay focused, believe in yourself and continue to cover topics that you find difficult. Trust in your abilities and I'm sure you'll do great! It's good you have a strong cohort in methods as it takes off the pressure to rank really highly.
22% sounds like a lot, but in reality, it only establishes rankings and you have another sac and 2 exams to go. So even if you don't do quite as well as you want (which I'm sure you will), but even if you don't, at least you've got the practice and can smash the next one.
GOOD LUCK! You'll do great :)
All the best eloise  ;D
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2020, 09:04:39 pm »
+10
Oh no, it's Methods week....

Hello everyone!

I feel like I haven't updated on here in a lil bit so here is a recap of my last couple of weeks.

Further 3/4
This subject is super chill as always. We have just started chapter 9 so that means we only have 3 more chapters til we finish the course! Due to the study design changes, the data analysis SAC is now worth about 17% (which is great because I did very well) and we are only doing one module. My school is thinking about doing the networks module, which I am kinda sad about because I was excited to do matrices!

I feel like my worst topic is recursion and financial, so I need to keep on doing constant revision, but I have kinda been neglecting it due to methods  :-\

Methods 3/4
Oh gosh I cannot wait until this SAC is over! We have done part A in class and have part B to do at home, but we have been allowed to communicate which is super nice. So far, it isn't too hard however I am scared it is gonna get very hard for part D (which is worth about 90% of the SAC score) as this is the only SAC we have for Unit 3. Thankfully I have been working super well with one of my friends for part's A and B and hopefully the next SACs build on the SACs we have done.

Otherwise, I want to start doing some extra revision (checkpoints, ATARNotes stuff etc.) to revise for the exam, however I need to finish the SAC first ahaha.

My 1/2's
These have all been very chill. I haven't had any real assessments and we have been going at a very slow pace which is nice. I only have 1 more week of accounting for Unit 1 which I am excited about, and I got 97% on my part 1 SAC for eng lang!

I hope y'all have a great week and I am super thankful for everyone for replying and interacting with me on AN!

Thanks,
Eloise x
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2020, 09:14:36 pm »
+6
Weekly Update 16/05

Methods 3/4
The SAC is OVER ;D ;D. Part D wasn't actually that bad but at the start, it was really weird to read but once you got over the mathy jargon of the concept, it wasn't too bad. Part C was also pretty good, and we got the answers and I only made one calculation error which is both good and bad. I kinda beat myself over it but honestly that SAC is only worth 5-10% of Unit 3 so I shouldn't worry :). We are now halfway through applications of derivatives which is pretty boring at the moment. I am super excited to go back to school for methods as it will be so much easier. My teacher also told us that we were supposed to have a SAC in another 3 weeks but it got moved back thankfully as I feel like we have not been learning much during remote learning.

Quote of the week for methods - "idk why i look sad I'm just not vibing w maths atm"

Further 3/4
We have almost finished Unit 3 which is super exciting :) Unit 4 is super duper short so we are probably going to finish it at the start of term 3ish?? My school has chosen to do the networks module which I am a lil disappointed about because I was excited to do matrices as I have learnt a bit of it in methods. However, my teacher said that networks was always a topic that people scored well in especially in the exam which is good :)

English Language 1/2
Ugh this subject is so boring atm. I thought I would really enjoy it but I find it pretty boring ngl. I got my marks back for two things and I am pretty happy w them.
Spoiler
I got a High for a HML for an essay on animal communication which is funny because I thought it was really bad but apparently not lol
I got 80% on my part 2 SAC which was on text analysis (at my school an 80 corresponds to an A which is pre g)

Chemistry 1/2
Chem is still going great of me which is nice. We have a test on stoich and covalent next week which I hope goes well.

French 1/2
We legit did nothing this week except watch a movie which was super fun. I need to start studying for my second outcome which is next week and I hope I do better than the practice outcome we did last week hahaha.

Accounting 1/2
I have finished all the content yay! I am super excited to finish the SAC and then move onto Unit 2 at my school. I haven't loved accounting this semester so I hope it is more exciting in Unit 2 otherwise I may change to another subject in 3/4 haha.

el xo
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2020, 12:26:43 pm »
+8
Hello everyone!

Long time no see. So so sorry for not updating this journal for like 3 weeks, I have been so busy with going back to school, work, and just figuring out life. I want to keep on being consistent but I am always super busy

The return back to school has been great. I love the school with just the year 11's and 12's, it's super calm and spacious and I am gonna be a bit sad when the rest come back. I feel like our year level has come together even more which is great and I love being able to have fun with pretty much anyone in the hallways.

Spoiler
So, I have actually not been doing so great. I have felt so overwhelmed with all my schoolwork, all the expectations, everything. I always feel like the effort I put in isn't enough and my scores which are still good aren't good enough. I feel like everyone can do more work than me and not be burnt out. I just don't feel like I am good enough.

I have also had a super hard time personally. I had some family stuff which has meant that I didn't get to do anything. I was honestly a complete wreck this week. I cried at school twice which I hated because I don't like everyone seeing me vulnerable. A huge shoutout to one of my friends who has been so supportive and just been there for me. I just want a bit of a break but we still have three more weeks until holidays. Sorry so much for being so negative but I just feel like I need to get this out.

Methods 3/4
Oooft methods is getting quite hard. We are about halfway through integration and I know it's just going to get harder yay. We had a progress test of differentiation which I didn't do too good in imo but I was still in the "good results" group of my class. I got 82 which isn't too bad but most of it was silly mistakes.

We also got our SAC results back and I am SO HAPPY! My "scaled" score (don't ask how that works because I don't know haha) was an A+ and I am so happy because that is like 22% of my study score so I think I can possibly get a 40 now  ;D

Further 3/4
Oh god, Further. We had our SAC on Wednesday for 2 hours and I felt really good after it. Flashforward to Thursday and I get an email that says that the SAC is now void!? So now I have to do a make-up SAC. I am so annoyed right now and it's just another thing that I have to keep thinking about. At least this SAC is only worth like 9% so it isn't as important as the Data Analysis SACs or Exam. Another annoying thing is we aren't allowed to get our first SACs back until the second SAC is done, so it can't even be revision  :(

We started networks yesterday and it seems pretty easy so that's nice.

English Language 1/2
Still don't like this subject too much. I don't find it interesting at all hahaha. I have a project on Child Language Acquisition due on Tuesday and I only just started it oop :-\ We also have a SAT in two weeks which is worth 80% of my AOS2 mark so I need to start studying. I really hope that 3/4 is more interesting because English has to be in the top 4 sadly :(

Chemistry
Chemistry, my only love. I have absolutely loved chemistry this year and it has really opened up some possible career options. I think we have finished Unit 1 (we cut out some content not relevant to 3/4 due to COVID which was nice). Organic chem is so fun once you understand everything, although I am a little sick of writing H's. Chemistry is pretty busy in the next three weeks. I have a practice exam, and then an AOS2 test, and then an exam! My school actually cancelled mid-year exams but some subjects still have them which is pretty annoying hahaha. I also got 88% on the stoich and covalent test which isn't too bad.

French 1/2
Nothing much is happening in French. I have a writing outcome in two weeks which I am not too nervous for however, it is imaginative which we have never done before. I have to do two writing pieces before Tuesday so good on me for procrastinating  ;)

Accounting 1/2
I finished the SAT and Unit 1! Now I am just waiting for them to start Unit 2 in school to join the class.

Thank-you for reading this entry! Hopefully I will update this next week.

Eloise  :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 02:16:35 pm by eloisegrace »
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2020, 01:46:45 pm »
+5
Hey Eloise! ;D

Thank you so much for the journal update :). It's great to hear that you have been enjoying school and I hope you were able to have some fun with your friends while you guys have been back together.

Congrats for such an amazing score in Methods too! Give yourself a pat on the back for doing so well ;D. I absolutely believe that you will do amazing and keep that spirit up! Further SAC being void all of a sudden? Now that's something that you don't hear every day. Sounds terrible that you have to do a make-up SAC, but I'm positive that you will smash it!

Spoiler
Thank you for sharing this in your journal El. I know it's really hard to open up about this type of stuff and it is alright to feel overwhelmed here and there without sounding too negative. Sometimes you just feel like that no matter how much you do you are never good enough and it's really hard to get out of that mindset once you are in it. Try the very best you can in your situation, no one can ask you for any more than that. Just remember, you can do this and you will get through! I believe in you and I'm sure there are others out there that do too! Holidays are coming soon which means a proper break but in the meantime, it's good to just step out and take a mini-break before doing anything again.

(I just also want to add, I've also been crying at school because of family problems and just being overwhelmed by work. You are not in this alone.)

Hope you have a fantastic weekend Eloise!❤️

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2020, 02:21:17 pm »
+4
Hey Eloise! ;D

Thank you so much for the journal update :). It's great to hear that you have been enjoying school and I hope you were able to have some fun with your friends while you guys have been back together.

Congrats for such an amazing score in Methods too! Give yourself a pat on the back for doing so well ;D. I absolutely believe that you will do amazing and keep that spirit up! Further SAC being void all of a sudden? Now that's something that you don't hear every day. Sounds terrible that you have to do a make-up SAC, but I'm positive that you will smash it!

Spoiler
Thank you for sharing this in your journal El. I know it's really hard to open up about this type of stuff and it is alright to feel overwhelmed here and there without sounding too negative. Sometimes you just feel like that no matter how much you do you are never good enough and it's really hard to get out of that mindset once you are in it. Try the very best you can in your situation, no one can ask you for any more than that. Just remember, you can do this and you will get through! I believe in you and I'm sure there are others out there that do too! Holidays are coming soon which means a proper break but in the meantime, it's good to just step out and take a mini-break before doing anything again.

(I just also want to add, I've also been crying at school because of family problems and just being overwhelmed by work. You are not in this alone.)

Hope you have a fantastic weekend Eloise!❤️

Hey Ash!

I hope that you have settled into school well too! I have loved being able to see my friends every day and actually talk when I'm in class. I hope that everything goes super great with all of your subjects, you can smash it!

In terms of further, yeah, it is really weird. I never thought that it would happen at my school, let alone on my first irl SAC! They haven't actually told us what happened but we all know, but I am not going to share that on here.

Spoiler
Thankyou for being so honest and welcoming. I was a bit afraid putting my life out there but your response has made my day :) Knowing that I am not the only one is very nice. If you ever need anything, feel free to dm me, I am always here for anyone. isn't crying at school the worst  :(
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2020, 08:07:13 pm »
+8
☆Bonjour tout le monde!☆

How is everyone? I have had a great week at school and I am excited to tell you all about it. Firstly, everyone at school is back now so it is as chaotic as ever! We love when younger kids scream for no reason ::). I feel like I have been back at school for months, and that 8 weeks of remote learning just didn't happen hahaha. I have been feeling a lot better mentally and physically and ready to smash out these last two weeks! I also discovered some new font colours which I will be using in this entry because I love colour!

This is a very long journal entry that took like an hour to write so sorry about that!

Methods 3/4
Methods is going pretty smoothly. I am very comfortable with my place in the cohort (equal rank 1) and I only know of one other person who I am equal with. I haven't been too behind but I want to start doing some exam-style questions because we have a Unit 3 practice exam in the last week.

Methods has gotten a lot better since we have gone back. I have one of my good friends in the class and we have a blast while still doing work. I feel like we will finish the course around week 4/5 of term 3 which is very good! I have one more SAC on calculus in term 3 then I am done with internal assessment! We don't have a SAC on probability which I am going to say is good because I have never been great at it lol.

Further 3/4
Networks, networks, networks how I love and hate you at the same time. We are nearly halfway through networks which means halfway through Unit 4! Ridiculously we are going to finish the course at the very start of term 3 so we have AGES to do exam revision. I am really excited to start exam revision  ;D

The make-up SAC was ok. It was very badly worded for one question and for a bit I had lost all hope for a 45+. However, discussing with others has made me realise that I wasn't the only one and a few got the same answer so I am praying it is right !

English Language
Unit 1 content is done! I have a SAT on Tuesday that is worth 80% of my AOS2 mark. I am quite confident with some areas and have absolutely no clue with other areas (I'm looking at you manner and place of articulation!) I submitted my assessment for the other 20% and I don't think it is too great but I think I included everything necessary and considering the circumstances and that I completed it in like 2 days I am fine with it.

I really didn't like this topic while learning it but it is actually interesting to study. This has been a recurring theme in English Language but at least I don't mind studying it because that is a big part in my grades!

Chemistry 1/2
Unit 1 content is done! I have an AOS 2 test on Tuesday and an exam next week! I feel pretty ready for it. I am still loving chemistry so yay!

French 1/2
Nothing much is happening in French as always hahaha. We have a written outcome this week which I feel pretty good for because we do lots of writing and I have consistently being getting 17-19/20. We get a dictionary and 2 hours so no stress!

Random extra stuff
Lots of stuff has been going on outside of academics. I am most likely doing House Music and Drama next term which will be 4 nights of rehearsals but I think it will actually help me be more productive! Netball may also be going back next term. I am also looking to apply for a job which I am super excited for!

Goals and 2021
As it is nearly half-way through the year so I want to state some of my goals for Unit 2 and 4 and next year.
Methods 3/4 : 41+. Quite a random goal but I feel like it is somewhat achievable due to my Unit 3 SAC scores. This scales to about a 46 which is great.
Further 3/4 : 46+. Another random goal but again I feel like it is achievable. I want to aim to minimise the amount of silly mistakes I make due to the amount fo exam revision time I will get.
English Language 1/2 : 80%+. I have been getting better results than last year and I hope this can continue. For 3/4, I am hoping for a 40+ as it has to be in my top 4!
Chemistry 1/2 : 90%+. I have been getting very good results this year in chem and I have been genuinely enjoying the subject. For 3/4, I am hoping for a 42+.
French 1/2 : 80%+. I have been quite consistent this year so I want to stay consistent and improve. For 3/4, I am hoping for a 36+.

I am having a little bit of a dilemma for my fourth subject. I am doing accounting 1/2 right now but I haven't really enjoyed Unit 1 (through VSV) so I don't know if I want to continue it. If I don't continue, I have decided I want to do P.E 3/4 as it seems pretty interesting. I need to make a decision soon haha.

That's all for today! Thanks for reading.

Eloise :)
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2020, 09:54:54 pm »
+2
Hey hey El! ;D

Love the new journal update! (Woah there is so much going on).
Great to see that you have been taking time to have fun outside the academic life (netball is awesome btw). Also, yes to getting a job (gotta get that $$$ and experience~)

I just want to say how extremely proud I am of you and keep up the amazing work El! (A total inspiration🥺). If Accounting isn't your cup of tea and you find it unengaging maybe switching to P.E might be good? (You have plenty of time to think about it don't worry. Pick what you think you will enjoy the most!). Good luck for your upcoming SACs and I'm pretty positive you will be smashing them 8)

Hope you have an amazing and wonderful week El🥰

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +110
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2020, 10:10:30 pm »
+3
Dang 2 maths subjects as your 3/4s. I can't imagine doing more than 1 maths subject. In terms of your last subject, you've still got quite a bit of time to decide. Since it seems like you're enjoying Chem, you might also want to consider Biology, Psychology and possibly HHD on top of PE. Bio is probs the hardest out of the bunch but it's an interesting subject. Psych is great because it's mostly sciency related with bits of ethics and humanity mixed in and it's fairly simple and very interesting. Heard HHD is pretty easy however scaling isn't too great so maybe that may or may not turn you away.
2019 - Geography [41]
2020 - English, Methods, Chem, Bio and Psych [39]
2021 - 2023 Bachelor of Science at Monash

ThunderDragon's Journey to Med

Currently offering tutoring in 3/4 Psychology for 2022. PM if interested!