Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 05:03:24 am

Author Topic: Bm text book  (Read 1718 times)  Share 

TheEagle

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +12
Bm text book
« on: January 28, 2019, 05:49:29 pm »
Hey guys,
So I have picked up bm 3/4 without 1/2. I'm going into year 11 tomorrow. I'm planning on purchasing A+ notes from someone who got a raw 50 in bm. Would you recommend buying a textbook? Or should I just rely on the notes?

Thanks

Jigsaw

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +97
Re: Bm text book
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 06:31:52 pm »
+1
Hey guys,
So I have picked up bm 3/4 without 1/2. I'm going into year 11 tomorrow. I'm planning on purchasing A+ notes from someone who got a raw 50 in bm. Would you recommend buying a textbook? Or should I just rely on the notes?

Thanks

Definitely get a textbook; notes are only somebody else's interpretation (and summarisation)  of the study design. A big part of learning and consolidating information comes from creating your own notes, so I'd recommend getting either the Jacaranda or Cambridge textbook and comparing your source to the notes you've purchased. Not only will this reinforce that your notes contain accurate information, it will also allow you to add any other relevant information that you see fit.
2017: | Business Management [47] |
2018: | Legal Studies [50] (Premier's) | English [48] | Accounting [41] | Japanese SL [38] | Maths Methods [32] |

ATAR: 99.40 2019 Onwards: Laws (Hons)/Arts @ Monash

lleeea

• Trendsetter
  • dont judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 08:15:04 pm »
+1
Hey,

Yes i do recommend using a textbook for bus man. even tho textbooks may not cover all information or sometimes include unnecessary info u dont need to really know, some of the case studies and real life examples it provides can be quite valuable as you can use them in your answers and shine out from your peers. Also bus man is a subject where you might benefit from that extra background knowledge (and most textbooks provide that), so it is always a good idea to look through the textbook ( as well as other mediums i.e. the newspaper)  for some real life recent examples of concepts, etc. but in terms of notes, dont jus rely on a plus notes or notes from other companies, because u learn and consolidate more info when u write notes urself, but do surely use other people's notes as a guide to your own notes. And dont simply copy their notes, summarise into a way that you will easily understand when it comes to sac/exam revision.
hope it helps. Wishing you all the best for your bus man studies :)

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 08:52:12 pm »
+1
We bought the Jacaranda originally, but our fifth teacher loved the Cambridge so after using the Jacaranda for a semester with the others we ended up using the Cambridge for Sem 2 & Exam Prep.

Cambridge is definitely more detailed, so I'd get that.
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University

TheEagle

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 09:29:38 pm »
Definitely get a textbook; notes are only somebody else's interpretation (and summarisation)  of the study design. A big part of learning and consolidating information comes from creating your own notes, so I'd recommend getting either the Jacaranda or Cambridge textbook and comparing your source to the notes you've purchased. Not only will this reinforce that your notes contain accurate information, it will also allow you to add any other relevant information that you see fit.

Thanks so much for the reply! Means a lot!

TheEagle

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 09:31:28 pm »
Hey,

Yes i do recommend using a textbook for bus man. even tho textbooks may not cover all information or sometimes include unnecessary info u dont need to really know, some of the case studies and real life examples it provides can be quite valuable as you can use them in your answers and shine out from your peers. Also bus man is a subject where you might benefit from that extra background knowledge (and most textbooks provide that), so it is always a good idea to look through the textbook ( as well as other mediums i.e. the newspaper)  for some real life recent examples of concepts, etc. but in terms of notes, dont jus rely on a plus notes or notes from other companies, because u learn and consolidate more info when u write notes urself, but do surely use other people's notes as a guide to your own notes. And dont simply copy their notes, summarise into a way that you will easily understand when it comes to sac/exam revision.
hope it helps. Wishing you all the best for your bus man studies :)

Thank you so much! Appreciate it heaps

TheEagle

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 09:32:17 pm »
We bought the Jacaranda originally, but our fifth teacher loved the Cambridge so after using the Jacaranda for a semester with the others we ended up using the Cambridge for Sem 2 & Exam Prep.

Cambridge is definitely more detailed, so I'd get that.

Thank you so much! Luckily I got the Cambridge one haha!
Appreciate it

turtlebanana

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 09:18:21 pm »
+1
Get a separate textbook as an additional resource. That's what I used to help type up my notes and further consolidate my knowledge.
2018: Business Management [44]