Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 11:04:04 am

Poll

Can you score a 40-45SS with an average of 80 to 85% in sacs and doing really well in exams?

Yes
No

Author Topic: English sacs and strict teachers  (Read 2863 times)  Share 

jayleno

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
English sacs and strict teachers
« on: August 13, 2016, 09:06:16 pm »
My teacher is a really harsh marker when compared with other teachers in our school. While i get a C+ for a full essay , other students in the other class would get Bs for not finish their piece. He is a really good teacher but i just think it's unfair for us as a class knowing we should be marked just like all the other students in our cohort. How will this effect my study score and should i be worried?

They say they do moderation but it's random so they only pick like 2 or 3 pieces from each of the english classes then say their say on them, then they will use that as guidance for marking  rest of the sacs.

tum0001

Re: English sacs and strict teachers
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 05:32:48 pm »
+1
Don't worry- at the end of the year all the scores will be moderated and even out as your cohort is likely to perform better on the exam if your teacher is a harsh marker!

A1P

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 03:24:51 pm »
My teacher is a really harsh marker when compared with other teachers in our school.

Afraid this^ gonna be unfair to you. Moderation is based on the school cohort, if the other teachers are not as harsh on marks then this teacher's cohort will suffer reduced moderation. I hope your school will review the overall marks between the teachers' cohorts and equalise them before submitting.

meganrobyn

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 10:10:40 am »
Afraid this^ gonna be unfair to you. Moderation is based on the school cohort, if the other teachers are not as harsh on marks then this teacher's cohort will suffer reduced moderation. I hope your school will review the overall marks between the teachers' cohorts and equalise them before submitting.

Yep. Unfortunately, a lot of schools do only do 'sample' moderating, so differences between classes do persist. It's a bit shit, I know.
[Update: full for 2018.] I give Legal lectures through CPAP, and am an author for the CPAP 'Legal Fundamentals' textbook and the Legal 3/4 Study Guide.
Available for private tutoring in English and Legal Studies.
Experience in Legal 3/4 assessing; author of Legal textbook; degrees in Law and English; VCE teaching experience in Legal Studies and English. Legal Studies [50] English [50] way back when.
Good luck!

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 10:18:25 am »
+1
Don't despair: if your teacher's really good and he's marking harshly, then just work up to his standards, and when you get there, you're probably going to be closer to acing the exam anyway and you'll benefit in the end from having a stellar teacher. Just don't worry about what you can't control and work hard at what you can - yourself :)
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Fulz

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: School
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 10:38:52 pm »
^ I know what that's like.. I'm in your situation too aha