Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 07:16:21 pm

Author Topic: Dealing with Exam Prep Stress  (Read 1159 times)  Share 

Henrion

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Dealing with Exam Prep Stress
« on: April 22, 2018, 10:54:46 pm »
I have just starting prepping/studying for the selective school exams, and idk why but it’s really stressful for me dealing with school homework and studying for this. I keep doubting myself and thinking that I won’t make it in or whatever even though I’m studying. Any tips to get through this?

Thanks

cloudyy

• Forum Regular
  • !
  • Respect: +2
Re: Dealing with Exam Prep Stress
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 11:15:40 pm »
Lmao tell me about it, the exam is still around one and a half months away (its really short tbh) but i have butterflies in my stomach.

What I've been doing is, because its stressful for me to deal with school AND study for the exam as well like you, i try to finish homework at school during lunch or BEFORE i start my exam study when i get home, or if you cant do it like 'absolutely nope, this is way too much', just ditch it. (NOT RECOMMENDING IT THO)

Also it's not the end of the world if you dont get in, you probably heard this a lot but just because you dont get into mhs, macrob etc, that doesnt mean you're not academically gifted. So just try to relax, i know it's hard but yeah :) and the only way you'll get in is if you study hard, that's all I can say :)

Aearator

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
Re: Dealing with Exam Prep Stress
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 11:40:12 pm »
I have just starting prepping/studying for the selective school exams, and idk why but it’s really stressful for me dealing with school homework and studying for this. I keep doubting myself and thinking that I won’t make it in or whatever even though I’m studying. Any tips to get through this?

Thanks

Lol same, I’m trying to study 4 hrs a day rn and homework is getting in my way.

What I’m trying to do is do all my prep for the mhs exam first, then I do the homework for school. I do this because I just get demotivated if I do my hw first as I have no energy left for prep, so doing hw at night forces me to do it rather than doing it in the evening and not doing any exam prep at all.

Also, use breaks and stuff (pomodoro technique) to study effectively. Keep calm and keep on studying and you’ll get more confident, and I’m pretty sure everybody is nervous lol so you’re not alone.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.