Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 01:12:04 pm

Poll

Have you changed at all due to lockdown/being away from people?

Stayed the exact same
9 (19.1%)
Slightly different (but will go back to normal when it's over)
12 (25.5%)
Slightly different (maybe permanent)
20 (42.6%)
Large difference
6 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Do you think you've changed during lockdown?  (Read 4355 times)  Share 

Owlbird83

• BLAA 2020
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +785
Re: Do you think you've changed during lockdown?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2020, 07:59:48 pm »
+4
Thought this thread may be of use of a bump given the lockdowns in the 2nd half of the year in VIC.

For Victoria, did you change more during the initial lockdown or the restrictions during the "2nd wave".

Also, now that we have some restrictions relaxed what changes have you noticed in this "COVID normal" environment?

Thanks for bumping this! Also keen to hear your thoughts too Sine!

-I've gotten so used to people not being physically close, it felt weirdly confronting when someone sat directly opposite me on the train.
-I thought I moved further towards being a non-hugger person, because I felt pretty content with social distancing, but then I hugged a friend last week for the first time in ages and I was surprised that I really enjoyed it.
-Oversized hoodies=normal+comfy, normal sized hoodies=what is this and why is it not covering my butt.
-talking to myself so muchhh. Before lockdown I never would have talked out loud to myself in public, but I was at the shops the other day and words unintentionally came out of my mouth.
-Unexpectedly I'm a lot more social (but that could be uni, not lockdown).
-attention span got pretty short I reckon, but getting better again now that we are going out of lockdown. Same with phone-addiction, it is now improving as I spend time at work/ away from wifi .
-try and scrunch my eyes so people can tell I'm smiling behind mask sometimes
edit: -also I've become a lot more aware of identifying my emotions/moods
-also possible I felt like lockdown 1.0 was me thinking extra about myself (in terms of like emotions/thoughts/goals), but lockdown 2.0 I'm not really doing that as much and my attention is more outwardly focused on others/events/planning
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 08:13:43 pm by Owlbird83 »
2018: Biology
2019: Chemistry, Physics, Math Methods, English, Japanese
2020: Bachelor of Psychology (Monash)

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2020, 08:54:11 pm »
+3
I have little memory of the whole year, in the end... combining lockdown+stuff+year 12 made for an - interesting - year memory-wise. I don't remember a lot of it, which is very weird... and now we're back to the oh-no-how-do-I-be-sociable-and-friendly-and-help-me-please feeling, for me.
Changes I have been very glad to see, personally, are mainly to do with religious gatherings being allowed (I like seeing my spiritual family again), and the redaction of masks most of the time.
So I don't know how much, if any, I changed semi-permanently. All I know is that my social skills sure took a hit (if they even existed in the first place).
I think it would be pretty common for people to experience like a blur. Year 12 on it's own is often a blur but doing most of it at home probably exacerbates that. Glad to see you are enjoying the alleviation of restrictions :)

-I've gotten so used to people not being physically close, it felt weirdly confronting when someone sat directly opposite me on the train.
-I thought I moved further towards being a non-hugger person, because I felt pretty content with social distancing, but then I hugged a friend last week for the first time in ages and I was surprised that I really enjoyed it.
-Oversized hoodies=normal+comfy, normal sized hoodies=what is this and why is it not covering my butt.
-talking to myself so muchhh. Before lockdown I never would have talked out loud to myself in public, but I was at the shops the other day and words unintentionally came out of my mouth.
-Unexpectedly I'm a lot more social (but that could be uni, not lockdown).
-attention span got pretty short I reckon, but getting better again now that we are going out of lockdown. Same with phone-addiction, it is now improving as I spend time at work/ away from wifi .
-try and scrunch my eyes so people can tell I'm smiling behind mask sometimes
edit: -also I've become a lot more aware of identifying my emotions/moods
-also possible I felt like lockdown 1.0 was me thinking extra about myself (in terms of like emotions/thoughts/goals), but lockdown 2.0 I'm not really doing that as much and my attention is more outwardly focused on others/events/planning
yeah I think I'm pretty used to people staying apart too ahah
Your attention span comment is interesting - I don't think mine has been impacted but would be interesting to see if anyone else has experienced that.

Also keen to hear your thoughts too Sine!
tbf I haven't experienced too much of the removal of restrictions given I had exams towards the end of November. However, I think I'm also a lot more aware of how close people tend to congregate together. I don't think I've change dramatically internally in terms of myself as a person (at least I don't think any degree of normal change was exacerbated/suppressed) but in terms of actions I think I am pretty content with social distancing, mask wearing in the future(possibly may become something people do during winters or when they are sick and need to go out?). Kinda crazy we had people go to school/work knowing they were sick (although should note some people don't really have the choice especially in terms of work). As an aside I hope companies/public services continue to do regular deep cleaning and hygiene practices even after this pandemic.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2020, 11:03:33 pm »
+2
I changed for the worst. I built up a lot of bad study habits which will be broken soon. Yeah this year was terrible for me academically.