Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:20:35 pm

Author Topic: Flashcards for maths?  (Read 959 times)  Share 

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Flashcards for maths?
« on: January 26, 2020, 07:29:43 am »
Does anyone use flashcards for maths?
For formulas, or words etc?
I use flashcards for all my other subjects and am curious to whether it would work for math :)
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
Re: Flashcards for maths?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 07:59:26 am »
+5
Does anyone use flashcards for maths?
For formulas, or words etc?
I use flashcards for all my other subjects and am curious to whether it would work for math :)

I've never actually have used flashcards for maths as most of the formulas are already on the formula sheet (excluding somewhere you have to mash certain formulas together). I just do a heap of practise questions so I'm applying my knowledge as that tends to work better for me than memorising. You bound reference is also there to make sure you know all the vocab, so there isn't really a need to memorise it. As time goes on and if you do a few practise questions each day, it will become much easier to remember them and by the time of exams you should be good to go ;D

Maths is more of an application subject rather than a memorising subject, so I think it might be best not to use flashcards?
Flashcards < Practise Questions

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: Flashcards for maths?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 08:04:56 am »
+1
I've never actually have used flashcards for maths as most of the formulas are already on the formula sheet (excluding somewhere you have to mash certain formulas together). I just do a heap of practise questions so I'm applying my knowledge as that tends to work better for me than memorising. You bound reference is also there to make sure you know all the vocab, so there isn't really a need to memorise it. As time goes on and if you do a few practise questions each day, it will become much easier to remember them and by the time of exams you should be good to go ;D

Maths is more of an application subject rather than a memorising subject, so I think it might be best not to use flashcards?
Flashcards < Practise Questions
Yeah, i do agree that its application based im just ocd that i have flash cards for ALL my subject except maths 😂
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP