Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:25:52 am

Author Topic: Becoming a Meteorologist!  (Read 1003 times)  Share 

Duelmaster22

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Becoming a Meteorologist!
« on: June 11, 2019, 09:17:50 pm »
Hey guys!

I'm in Year 12 right now, slowly working my way towards the end of the year! I'd really want to pursue a career in meteorology, or climate science, that sort of area. Looking around, it doesn't appear that it's a fairly common career pathway - no one I know is thinking about doing the same. Is anyone studying these sorts of subjects at university and can give me an insight into what exactly they involve? Or, even better, know someone in the field that I could meet and speak to?

Thanks!

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Becoming a Meteorologist!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 09:26:24 pm »
+1
I have a friend in my degree who is hoping to become a climate scientist - I'll shoot them a message and see if they have any thoughts they can feed back to you but it might take a bit for them to get back to you since it's exam season atm.

Not sure about other unis, but at Monash the relevant area within science faculty is Earth Atmosphere and Environment

Hopefully this can help lead you to more info :)

Duelmaster22

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Becoming a Meteorologist!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 09:52:04 pm »
I have a friend in my degree who is hoping to become a climate scientist - I'll shoot them a message and see if they have any thoughts they can feed back to you but it might take a bit for them to get back to you since it's exam season atm.

Not sure about other unis, but at Monash the relevant area within science faculty is Earth Atmosphere and Environment

Hopefully this can help lead you to more info :)

Wow thanks so much, no rush at all and any information at all would be valued :) . I'll check the link out for sure.