Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:11:20 am

Author Topic: Physical Education [3/4] Question Thread  (Read 44220 times)  Share 

anotherworld2b

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Re: Physical Education [3/4] Question Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2017, 03:49:38 pm »
thank you so much for your help :D
Yes this response is for a 6 mark question.
Would there be anything else I am missing?

Okay, I've gone through and edited/slightly rewritten your response, anotherworld2b (I've tried to leave it in your words as much as possible). I should add that this is a very in-depth response (e.g. a 6 or 8-mark question). Hopefully it all makes sense.

Spoiler
The data collected indicated as the amount of exercise increases, heart rate will increase gradually until a max heart rate is reached. At the start of exercise, oxygen deficit would occur as the body's cardiovascular and respiratory systems respond to physical activity. The oxygen deficit from 0 to 100m would be because the anaerobic energy systems are producing the majority of the ATP. Aerobic respiration would be present throughout the entire 400m. At the beginning of exercise (e.g. the first 100m), it would be less dominant as the aerobic energy system takes some time to function at full capacity. In the experiment, the participant’s sudden increase in activity intensity by moving from standing to a steady jog reflected the corresponding initial sharp increase in heart rate shown in the graph from 0-100 metres. As the body’s initial demand for oxygen and nutrients increased significantly at the start of exercise, a sharp increase in heart rate was necessary in order to increase blood flow and stroke volume, which supplies oxygen and nutrients to the muscles and removes waste products.

Initially, anaerobic respiration allows ATP to be produced in the absence of oxygen. This results in the accumulation of lactic acid and other fatigue-causing by-products, such as H+ ions, in the muscles. After the 100m mark, oxygen supply is very close to equalling oxygen demand, as the exercise intensity is constant. Therefore, the athlete's heart rate will remain fairly steady, as they don't need to take in any more oxygen. Heart rate continues to increase slightly as the participant depletes their anaerobic sources of energy and the aerobic energy system becomes more predominant from 200-400m. Heart rate may slightly increase because the athlete hasn’t quite settled into steady state, and there is a slightly greater demand for oxygen than is currently being supplied. This increased heart rate will also allow for fatigue-causing by-products produced by the anaerobic energy systems to be removed.

I'm glad I've been able to help you :)

howey

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +77
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2017, 04:52:30 pm »
thank you so much for your help :D
Yes this response is for a 6 mark question.
Would there be anything else I am missing?

No worries. I don't think there's anything else important that you're missing :)

"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up" - Babe Ruth

wri0061

• Adventurer
  • School: Leongatha Secondary College
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 08:03:46 pm »
+1
Hi!!!
What is the difference between aerobic and anaerobic adaptations???

gisele

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2017, 01:58:38 pm »
+6
Hi!!!
What is the difference between aerobic and anaerobic adaptations???

Aerobic adaptations are adaptations that increase the efficiency of the aerobic system; that is, the adaptations that improve the ability for the body to take up, transport and utilise O2. (things like increase in lung volume, haemoglobin, mitochondria and oxidative enzymes that increase the amount of oxygen that can be used to resynthesise ATP aerobically and increase endurance)

Anaerobic adaptations increase the efficiency of the anaerobic systems; that is, to improve the ability to generate energy in the absence of oxygen (things like increasing glycolytic enzymes, muscle fibre hypertrophy that increase force/speed)  :)

wri0061

• Adventurer
  • School: Leongatha Secondary College
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2017, 04:48:25 pm »
+1
Aerobic adaptations are adaptations that increase the efficiency of the aerobic system; that is, the adaptations that improve the ability for the body to take up, transport and utilise O2. (things like increase in lung volume, haemoglobin, mitochondria and oxidative enzymes that increase the amount of oxygen that can be used to resynthesise ATP aerobically and increase endurance)

Anaerobic adaptations increase the efficiency of the anaerobic systems; that is, to improve the ability to generate energy in the absence of oxygen (things like increasing glycolytic enzymes, muscle fibre hypertrophy that increase force/speed)  :)
Thank you so much 🙌🏼 I had my SAC on Friday and got a 76%, pretty happy 😄

absCgail

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2017, 06:25:26 pm »
Is it a wise idea to skip units 1 & 2 and go straight to 3&4? What are your thoughts on doing this subject via distance education?

Chuecola

• Fresh Poster
  • School: Brighton Grammar School
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2017, 10:23:45 am »
My PE teacher is convinced that carbohydrate loading should be carried out with High Glycaemic Index foods.
I am not, my mates and I agree that it should be done with Low Glycaemic index foods.

Anyone know whats correct?

Please explain as well.

Cheers.

chiecemi

• Adventurer
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2018, 06:37:15 pm »
Anyone know good resources for PE 2018 with the new study design?
Please help :))

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2018, 06:48:03 pm »
Hi chiecemi!

Good to finally see a fellow PE person around here! ;D
I've been using the Nelson Physical Education Workbook (Edition 3) in accordance to my teachers' notes and the study design for my reference, as well as the workbook and the online textbook, which has extra resources such as videos and the like. If you have the online book, it can be extremely useful. There are also past lecture notes and study notes up on ATARnotes' Notes page, right here:
https://atarnotes.com/notes/?pag=1&state=3720&subject=4820&unit=0&key=&sort=date

If you have any specific questions, just post on this thread and everyone will do their best to answer!

Happy studying!
Poet ;)
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

chiecemi

• Adventurer
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2018, 07:04:40 am »
+1
Thanks Heaps, will check that out :)))

Poet

• Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2018, 02:44:18 pm »
Hi guys,
I've been having some trouble remembering the difference between force, inertia, momentum and impulse.
Can anyone help? Any examples?
Thanks. :)

fletts

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2018, 10:43:34 am »
Hey so I was wondering if anyone could help me out with Biomechanics, mainly how I should go about answering a question that has it in it. Also is there any good way of studying to help remember my notes for PE? Thankyou!

TheAspiringDoc

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2018, 10:48:41 am »
^^
I just looked over my notes regularly and then covered them and try to see if I could remember the important information without looking at the notes. Basically just "look say cover write/say check" as you may have done in primary school spelling.
Also, practise questions are always valuable to do for both retention of info and improvement in expression

hamish.mccartney

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2018, 03:16:43 pm »
Do you need to know about deliberate play and practice in regards to practice variability?

Poet

• Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2018, 10:58:19 am »
+1
Do you need to know about deliberate play and practice in regards to practice variability?

Hey hamish,
I'm not sure if I understand your question. If you mean "do we have to know about methods of practice (such as part and whole, mass and distributed, blocked and random) and how they are used in relation to a person's developmental stage", then the answer is yes, we have to know about this.

A person's practice variability changes depending on how much experience they have in the skill being measured. So, for example, a person in the cognitive stage would most likely be coached under part, mass and blocked practice (with the least change) in order to concentrate on developing one specific skill, say shooting hoops in basketball, and they would make many errors and be extremely inconsistent in their results. A person in the autonomous stage, on the other hand, would use whole, distributed and random practice (much more change and application of skill) because they have the basic skill/s down pat and their results are consistent. So, people in the lower stages of learning would have to use a much more stable, repetitive and consistent environment whilst people in the higher stages of learning would apply their skills in much more challenging and unpredictable situations.

Please clarify if I have incorrectly answered your question. For now, I hope this helps you! :)

edit: Oh! And welcome to ATAR Notes. ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 02:00:28 pm by secretly_a_poet »