Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:31:14 pm

Author Topic: 4 factors that influence attitude and behaviour to be consistent.  (Read 649 times)  Share 

StaticZ1011

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Hello guys,
I was wondering if you guys have time to explain to me of each factor, i don't understand the 4 factors and they are strength of the attitude, accessibility of the attitude, social context of the attitude, perceived control over the behaviour. An example of each would be helpful

Thanks

dashnog

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
Re: 4 factors that influence attitude and behaviour to be consistent.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 08:16:45 pm »
Strength - sort of like a combination of all other factors, except distinguished via a feeling of emotional attachment or otherwise passion for the attitude.
Accessibility - how easily the attitude can be reinforced or thought about frequently in multiple situations.
Social context - how a person perceives their attitude within a certain place and time, and evaluates whether expressing the attitude is acceptable in that context or not.
Perceived control - whether or not a person believes to have the freedom to express their attitude.

For example, take someone who identifies with the LGBTQ+ community, and is very emotionally attached with their gender/sexuality identification (strength). They also are very frequently on social media and see many debates, media reporting or otherwise general discussion which probes their attitude about the issue frequently (accessibility). They speak to their fellow LGBTQ+ friends and community members about their thoughts and feels free to do so without repercussion (social context). This person also frequently goes to rallies and protests positioning for further acceptance or spreading of their social group and believes they will make a difference, so they can become quite passionate when rallying without fear of being reprimanded (perceived control)
Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Scholar's Program) at Monash (2021-2023)

ATAR: 94.XX
2019: VCE Biology & VCE Psychology
2020: VCE Extended Investigation, Chemistry, Music Performance, Methods, Literature