Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:04:19 pm

Author Topic: UTS or UNSW?  (Read 15597 times)

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
Re: UTS or UNSW?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 05:45:07 pm »
+1
Nooo  ;D is there any train stations near unsw or just buses?
JUst buses.

Travelling to unsw will be a nightmare for a while.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 06:15:23 pm »
+4
UNSW, in every other conceivable way, is amazing. But getting here is an absolute bitch. I'm in a 100 metre line for the bus to Central as we speak

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 06:24:32 pm »
UNSW, in every other conceivable way, is amazing. But getting here is an absolute bitch. I'm in a 100 metre line for the bus to Central as we speak

I'd need to get a bus to the QVB, know anything about the buses going there? Or are they all awful haha
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 06:28:06 pm »
+1
JUst buses.

Travelling to unsw will be a nightmare for a while.

(Image removed from quote.)

This is fucking absurd. Jeepers.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 06:46:48 pm »
I'd need to get a bus to the QVB, know anything about the buses going there? Or are they all awful haha
Buses in general are awful in Sydney with all of the construction and traffic around..... would not recommend.

The light rail won't be finished for a while....

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2017, 10:00:13 am »
+1
Ohh I see!! Are trains ever usually delayed? I'm from the northern beaches so trains are foreign to me  ;D but it's correct there's no parking at UTS for students right?

Also what is the policy for attendance in lectures/tutorials etc? I know ICMS at manly have a certain attendance rate needed for lectures whereas at my boyfriend's uni they only need attendance for pracs

You can miss two tutorials per subject per semester and still be eligible to pass. If you need more time off than that you need to speak to the subject coordinator. There's no minimum attendance for Communications lectures. Occasionally they might take a roll, but you'll be given warning in advance if it's compulsory. So the only compulsory thing is two hours of a tutorial per subject (so six compulsory contact hours) per week.

I've been on a few delayed trains this year, mostly due to fatalities or injuries, so definitely not an everyday occasion. They're usually prompt. By the time I get off the train I can be at UTS within 6 minutes if I'm walking fast. Lots and lots of people in my classes are from the Northern beaches. No allocated student parking, correct, but you can use the Broadway shopping centre parking, Powerhouse Museum Parking, and Paddy's Market parking. All, I believe, have daily discounts for students. But I never ever drive into Uni, I only ever catch the train, so I'm not 100% sure of the ins and outs of that :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!