Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:18:34 pm

Author Topic: faaaaantastic, the journey is over!  (Read 34496 times)

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
faaaaantastic, the journey is over!
« on: August 22, 2017, 10:51:06 pm »
+45
hi, i'm fantasticbeasts3.

not going to lie - i was a bit apprehensive about doing this, but after seeing other people's entries, i thought i'd give this a shot. however, i'm a very forgetful person, so i don't know how often this will be updated.

a bit about me:
- i love harry potter, as you can probably tell by my username
- i'm easily distracted, and therefore, unmotivated very very very very easily
- i don't know why i type in lowercase all the time. it just happened, and now i can't go back because typing in sentence case (at least that's what microsoft word calls it) seems too formal for me except for when i'm doing schoolwork
- this community has been so lovely and welcoming
- i play the piano on a very irregular basis (used to be a lot better than this i promise)
- currently watching suits

as for my hsc journey; to put it bluntly, it's been crap. i haven't been achieving as much as i'd like because of my low motivation levels, and i think i'm looking forward to the end of this year a bit too much. i get put down very easily by marks, even though i'd like to think i'm growing from that because i'm slowly starting to get into the hang of things, so making plans for what's to be handed up and done by the end of each week and what not.

my trials weren't that great. both in the actual trials, because i had a horrible timetable, but also results. i've gotten all but one back, and did decent for 2 subjects, but the rest reaaaaaally need to be fixed. i reckon it'll be done in time before the hsc.

anyway, that's it for today. i'll probably be writing whatever's on my mind if i remember to write on this thread.

lots of love,
fantasticbeasts x

link to options for my subjects, i.e. modern, legal and english (scroll down a bit they're at the end of the entry)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:56:16 pm by fantasticbeasts3 »
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +416
Re: faaaaantastic, the journey is almost over!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 10:56:05 pm »
+6
as for my hsc journey; to put it bluntly, it's been crap. i haven't been achieving as much as i'd like because of my low motivation levels, and i think i'm looking forward to the end of this year a bit too much. i get put down very easily by marks, even though i'd like to think i'm growing from that because i'm slowly starting to get into the hang of things, so making plans for what's to be handed up and done by the end of each week and what not.
definitely felt like this when I was in year 12, there were periods of time where I had low motivation and looked forward to the end alot, and I was also put down by low marks :P
just hang in there, there isn't much to go, you are almost done! :)

also, what are you planning on doing next year? :)
VCE '15
don't let dreams be dreams

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 11:00:00 pm »
+5
definitely felt like this when I was in year 12, there were periods of time where I had low motivation and looked forward to the end alot, and I was also put down by low marks :P
just hang in there, there isn't much to go, you are almost done! :)

also, what are you planning on doing next year? :)

yea, for sure. i'm going to do as much as i can until school ends. 3.5 weeks to go!

i'd love to go to uni next year, but the atar of my desired course is too high. i'll most likely be doing a substitute course then transferring in second year (if it works out, of course). i'm interested in doing a double degree of international studies and media. :-)

thanks for your message!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 11:29:37 am »
+6
I think this thread might prove really helpful for you in these last few weeks! Especially if you're saying motivation is a struggle - sometimes writing about that forces you to reflect upon it and can end up motivating you...you can track your progress, and everyone here is your cheer squad!

What's making you so excited about the end (other than no more HSC!)? What are you looking to study after? Or work as? Or where to travel to? What's the light at the end of the tunnel? :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 02:11:31 pm »
+5
I think this thread might prove really helpful for you in these last few weeks! Especially if you're saying motivation is a struggle - sometimes writing about that forces you to reflect upon it and can end up motivating you...you can track your progress, and everyone here is your cheer squad!

What's making you so excited about the end (other than no more HSC!)? What are you looking to study after? Or work as? Or where to travel to? What's the light at the end of the tunnel? :)

yea maybe! i'll try and post every night. :-)

my excitement about the end mostly comes from being so over this year and being ready for a fresh start. i'm looking to study international studies and media (looks like i'll be in uts next year, then transferring because the atar cut off for unsw is unattainable for me) and i'll hopefully be travelling a lot in the next couple of years.

thanks for your message!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 04:33:03 pm »
+7
yea maybe! i'll try and post every night. :-)

my excitement about the end mostly comes from being so over this year and being ready for a fresh start. i'm looking to study international studies and media (looks like i'll be in uts next year, then transferring because the atar cut off for unsw is unattainable for me) and i'll hopefully be travelling a lot in the next couple of years.

thanks for your message!

UTS Communications pals! You, me, and Susie! The end is near, you fantastic thing! You're on the home stretch.
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 05:19:26 pm »
+10
i don't think i've ever felt so tired after school, until today happened. i didn't have a "full" day - i had a study period and catholic studies (got to love catholic schools) so i thought it wouldn't be an intense day, but i just feel so tired.

english today was a little stressful. in exams, i'm usually a lot more prepared for english, but instead, in trials, i almost abandoned it because of my other subjects. we're currently doing a paper 1 rotation kinda thing, where we rotate to different teachers for different tasks. today was the first of two creative writing days, and the idea of writing a creative really got me. i'm not a naturally good writer, as i tend to lean to more essay writing, and the amount of times i've tried to write something hasn't resulted in anything because of my inability to sustain a plot for over 800 words. i have to find a heap of extra related texts because my lack of preparation for trials really wasn't great and i don't know there's just not enough time for anything.

then maths, far out. everything about maths just frustrates me. in both year 11 and 12, i haven't been achieving the marks i want (especially when compared to 7-10 i was ace at maths) and it makes me upset because maths was something that i used to be good at, and i thought choosing it would be a good idea especially when i did well and to think that i haven't been doing as well just makes me sad. anyway, i'm worried we won't finish the content by the end of term. trials were absolutely horrible. i scraped a pass by a couple of marks, but it was such a difficult exam.

i feel like every subject has been boring ever since returning to school after trials. even modern and legal, my two favourite subjects, are just ugh. i'm finding it hard to like the content and although i'm excited about the school year ending there's still so much to do, and making a study plan with my friend this afternoon really solidified the amount of time i have left until the end of year, and all the things i need to (lots of essays). making that study plan made me realise all the work i have to do and it's worrying but the end is almost there. :-)

my mind hasn't stopped moving since first period this morning so i think i'm going to watch an episode of suits, do a couple of errands then come back and do some school work because if there's anything i've learnt, i definitely don't work well when i'm tired.

love,
fantasticbeasts x

edit: oh my goodness gracious i am so scared to get business back tomorrow and was told that it was marked harshly, particularly the short answers. can anyone who does business give advice on how to set out your short answers? no matter what i do i always lose a mark in every single answer and i have no idea why
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 05:37:04 pm by fantasticbeasts3 »

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 05:21:11 pm »
+3
UTS Communications pals! You, me, and Susie! The end is near, you fantastic thing! You're on the home stretch.

yay!! uts has such a good vibe going on, i'm pretty excited. :-)

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 09:44:23 am »
+12
not an official entry, if you can call the longer ones that, but i am so so so so happy with what i got for business. of course, there's still stuff i need to improve on (particularly the short answers, they could be a lot better). this is a huge improvement from half yearlies and i'm. just. so. happy.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 11:14:23 am »
+5
not an official entry, if you can call the longer ones that, but i am so so so so happy with what i got for business. of course, there's still stuff i need to improve on (particularly the short answers, they could be a lot better). this is a huge improvement from half yearlies and i'm. just. so. happy.

Congratulations!!! So happy for you ;D

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 12:17:21 pm »
+5

Really great to hear. :) Well done!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 02:39:07 pm »
+5
Congratulations!!! So happy for you ;D
Really great to hear. :) Well done!

thank you!!! so good to know hard work pays off :-))

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 06:18:28 pm »
+8
a proper (or longer) entry for today, 24/8 :-)

i can never do any work from 4-6.30pm after school. i have no idea why - every time i've sat down, and i'm ready to do something my attention span lasts for all but 2 minutes, so i've found that i work a lot better later. this isn't the best because i'm horrible when i don't get enough sleep, and can only get around 3.5-4.5 hours of work done every night. anyway, on to my entry for today. :-)

period 1 - business // this was my last trial exam, and i finally got it back today. i didn't do very well in my half yearly, which was a downer for me motivation wise, and was very very very scared going into the exam and this lesson. the marker for the essay was in at the beginning of the lesson, and roasted our class (and the whole cohort) on our marks which heightened my anxiety about the exam. then my actual teacher started talking about how we didn't do very well, which leaves me to worry about how scaling is going to be affected. anyway, i did a lot better than i expected, and hard work pays off!!!!!!! on my way to a band 6 i hope :-)

period 2 - maths // just started going through the last part of series, and we're on our way to finishing the course which is very exciting because i won't have to do maths anymore YES i'm so excited

period 3 - study // a very productive study. finished up a legal essay, started on a maths past paper.

period 4 - modern // this lesson made me realise how much i need to revise. i looked through a heap of past hsc questions, and found places i needed to look over, because if a teacher explains something, and you're not exactly sure what's going on, that's a sign you need to study.

period 5 - legal // i forgot the other thing i needed to hand in today. turns out my teacher wasn't going to mark the responses until tomorrow so there's that. it was a chill lesson, not productive at all because it's a study again and we finished the course last term.

i've also started to form a plan for the rest of this week, because i need to work consistently to maintain some productivity, so today i'll do my huuuuge load of maths homework, then a discovery reading task, and maybe finish off my maths paper from earlier today, if there's time because of the maths homework :-( tomorrow i'll do the modern essay assigned today, and business short answers (it's friday, cutting myself some slack hahah). on the weekend, i'll spend all my time on english, because i really need to look for new related texts and have time to write essays. fun times ahead! (not)

hope you all had a great day today.

love,
fantasticbeasts x

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 12:27:27 am »
+5
period 3 - study // a very productive study. finished up a legal essay, started on a maths past paper.

Jeez, I never got much done studying at school. I would always end up sitting with my girlfriend and we'd just waste time procrastinating for the hour - Props ;)

Loving the updates ;D

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2017, 08:56:51 am »
+2
Jeez, I never got much done studying at school. I would always end up sitting with my girlfriend and we'd just waste time procrastinating for the hour - Props ;)

Loving the updates ;D

sometimes i just watch youtube but everyone around me studies, then i study because i feel guilty for not studying. that's probably why i'm productive in study periods :-)

thanks!!! will keep them coming, they're fun to do