Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 07:21:13 pm

Author Topic: HSC Legal Studies Question Thread  (Read 570398 times)  Share 

rachelbonic

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Legal Studies Question Thread
« Reply #495 on: November 01, 2016, 05:04:12 pm »
Hey Rachel! Very unlikely, the only thing they could do is ask something on the Crime topic in general, but even then you would just avoid International Crime if you aren't comfortable writing about it. I think it's pretty unlikely they'd ask it two years in a row :)

thank you for the well needed reassurance  :D ! phewwww

MagmaMeerkat

• Adventurer
« Reply #496 on: November 01, 2016, 05:12:47 pm »
My teacher gave us this practice YO essay question:
Young offenders are more likely to be denied justice. Discuss.

Maybe too simple for BOSTES idk, but young offenders is relatively easy to link with the criminal justice system, so I hope they do that!

AFix

• Trailblazer
« Reply #497 on: November 01, 2016, 05:36:59 pm »
My teacher gave us this practice YO essay question:
Young offenders are more likely to be denied justice. Discuss.

Maybe too simple for BOSTES idk, but young offenders is relatively easy to link with the criminal justice system, so I hope they do that!

Decent question.  Not BOSTES style though tbh

AFix

• Trailblazer
« Reply #498 on: November 01, 2016, 06:56:27 pm »
Hey guys,  does anyone know if its okay to split your paragraphs and have one on the ICC and one on the ICJ?  Speaking in a World Order context of course.  Or is this kind of double dipping and should be in the same paragraph?

bethtyso

• Adventurer
  • School: St Francis De Sales Regional College
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #499 on: November 01, 2016, 07:03:51 pm »
In shelter what was the case where an aboriginal woman proved that the real estate agent denied her rent because of her race?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #500 on: November 01, 2016, 07:16:13 pm »
Hey guys,  does anyone know if its okay to split your paragraphs and have one on the ICC and one on the ICJ?  Speaking in a World Order context of course.  Or is this kind of double dipping and should be in the same paragraph?

I think this sounds okay to me! Just make sure that you don't stray too far into the 'International Crime' side of things in the ICC paragraph, it's a fine line to walk ;D

bethtyso

• Adventurer
  • School: St Francis De Sales Regional College
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #501 on: November 01, 2016, 07:19:02 pm »
Also could anyone give me a quick rundown on the seperation of powers and the dividion of powers? :)

nickglyn

• Trailblazer
« Reply #502 on: November 01, 2016, 07:19:39 pm »
Hey! So my question is, how exactly do the division of powers protect human rights within Australia? I know one way is by holding legislative power for external affairs, but I'm not sure what else I would say! Thanks  ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #503 on: November 01, 2016, 07:35:43 pm »
Also could anyone give me a quick rundown on the seperation of powers and the dividion of powers? :)

Division of Powers = Ways that law making powers are divided amongst states and the Commonwealth!

Executive - Commonwealth Only
Concurrent - Both
Residual - State Only

Separation of Power = A doctrine which encourages the three branches of a Westminster government to be separate and thus act as a checks and balances system

Executive - The Prime Minister and Cabinet (those who apply the laws)
Legislature - The House of Reps (those who develop the laws)
Judiciary - The Courts (those who apply the laws)

Hope this helps!! ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #504 on: November 01, 2016, 07:39:31 pm »
Hey! So my question is, how exactly do the division of powers protect human rights within Australia? I know one way is by holding legislative power for external affairs, but I'm not sure what else I would say! Thanks  ;D

I always talked about how because the Commonwealth holds legislative power over the states in this area, it can ensure compliance with human rights standards. Great example of that is the Toonen v Australia case! ;D

nickglyn

• Trailblazer
« Reply #505 on: November 01, 2016, 07:50:46 pm »
+1
I always talked about how because the Commonwealth holds legislative power over the states in this area, it can ensure compliance with human rights standards. Great example of that is the Toonen v Australia case! ;D

Thanks!

Elenaa

• Trailblazer
« Reply #506 on: November 01, 2016, 08:03:12 pm »
Hey ! For this theme and challenge in family, "The role of law in encouraging cooperation and resolving conflict in regard to family," What could i talk about? The only thing i could think of was divorce and the care and protection of children
Thanks !!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #507 on: November 01, 2016, 08:10:58 pm »
Hey ! For this theme and challenge in family, "The role of law in encouraging cooperation and resolving conflict in regard to family," What could i talk about? The only thing i could think of was divorce and the care and protection of children
Thanks !!

Hey! ;D You could add domestic violence to that list and have your three paragraphs! Domestic Violence is perhaps the most serious of family conflicts!

nickglyn

• Trailblazer
« Reply #508 on: November 01, 2016, 08:13:21 pm »
+1
Thanks !!

Domestic violence could be one thing to mention. Amendments to the bail Act 1978 (nsw) holds presumptions against granting bail to repeat domestic violence offenders, courts establish refuge camps for women and children who are victims of DV, etc. It isn't exactly resolving conflict but it definitely helps prevent domestic violence from occurring as often as it would.

juanmata

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #509 on: November 01, 2016, 08:21:34 pm »
ahah just kidding Jamon, im prepped!