Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:03:21 am

Author Topic: Citing laws in the legal exam??  (Read 885 times)  Share 

cndyphan

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Citing laws in the legal exam??
« on: February 17, 2019, 11:00:05 pm »
So I've been heavily advised to cite laws when writing out my answers in the legal studies exam, but I'm really struggling to remember the years. Is it really necessary to mention the year when I cite a law, or could I get away with just stating the name of the act?

Eg. rather than writing out 'Criminal Procedure Act 2009 (Vic)', could I just write 'Criminal Procedure Act'?

Jigsaw

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +97
Re: Citing laws in the legal exam??
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 11:38:00 pm »
+1
So I've been heavily advised to cite laws when writing out my answers in the legal studies exam, but I'm really struggling to remember the years. Is it really necessary to mention the year when I cite a law, or could I get away with just stating the name of the act?

Eg. rather than writing out 'Criminal Procedure Act 2009 (Vic)', could I just write 'Criminal Procedure Act'?

Hey! Yes, it's completely fine to omit the year when citing legislation in an examination setting for VCE. So, writing Criminal Procedure Act as opposed to Criminal Procedure Act 2009 (Vic) is okay! :)
2017: | Business Management [47] |
2018: | Legal Studies [50] (Premier's) | English [48] | Accounting [41] | Japanese SL [38] | Maths Methods [32] |

ATAR: 99.40 2019 Onwards: Laws (Hons)/Arts @ Monash