Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 06:58:33 am

Author Topic: Learning Capture  (Read 538 times)  Share 

Krycek

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
Learning Capture
« on: January 27, 2020, 12:45:48 pm »
+1
Hi guys.

I have applied late for my Biomedical Science timetable and all of the places for lectures have been filled, meaning that I have allocate my lectures to Learning Capture or livestreaming. I was just wondering, will I still have a chance of attending lectures physically? I'd rather go there than stay at home and watch.

If nothing I said makes sense to you, I will be glad to clarify. Thanks!
ATAR: 98

Bachelor of Biomedical Science

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Learning Capture
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 12:51:38 pm »
+4
If my experience in science is anything to go by you still have a good chance. Make sure you note down the location of the lectures so you can turn up to them later; I suspect that after the first couple of weeks lecture attendance will dramatically drop and there will easily be enough space for you. You're highly unlikely to be notified of this change in attendance so you'll need to either ask a classmate or take your chances showing up.

There are people with experience in Monash biomed on these forums so if/when any of them speak up listen to what they say over my science-based experience. Good luck!

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 12:55:37 pm »
+1
When you say all the places for lectures are filled, are you certain?

I've actually had preferences that I couldn't access show up on my generated plans from Allocate  :-X
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 01:25:02 pm »
+4
Hey I've done the biomed course at Monash and from my experience you can certainly just turn up to a lecture (even if you aren't allocated to it) - however I do understand this can sometimes be unfair for students who have been allocated to the lecture, however, no one is taking attendance and there is nearly always spare seats (in later years it is probably 80% or more empty). I think maybe in the first week of first year there was not enough seats (so somewhat unfair at this point) but over time less students come to lectures.