Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:54:52 am

Author Topic: The CASual Journey to the End | Ashmi's VCE journal アシュ  (Read 76833 times)

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
Re: The CASual Journey to the End | Ashmi's VCE journal アシュ
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2019, 06:19:44 pm »
+10
Update: 1/12/2019

So it's finally December and we all made it through! Exams are done and now we can all cruise our way to victory till the ATAR/Study Score release date in 11 days... ::)

A little quick update of how my week has gone!

This week was head-start where we got to meet our new teachers and get our beautiful holiday homework.
I find that the Unit 3 content so for has been much more interesting than everything so far in Unit 1 and 2 which is going to be amazing for next year. I'm actually really excited to start afresh again and try some new techniques that I have learnt this year which will hopefully go better than this year. (I'm looking at you Physics :P).

My school also had presentation night last Tuesday, which I was able to receive the Academic Excellence award for Further Maths (Unit 3/4) and Product Design (Unit 1/2). ;D I was sort of expecting Further due to being rank 1, however, Product Design caught me by a big surprise! Going to aim to get both English and Product Design next year. ;)

My goals for these holidays are to get back into sewing some new clothes and costumes again! I currently have a stack of fabric that I'm trying to see what I can make out of it. I might do a few progress pictures of my sewing in this VCE journal 8)

Also really looking forward to the AN Meetup this December too! Is anyone else going to it?
What do you guys have planned for these holidays?

Fun Fact: I have a new addiction for the cute plushies from Miniso. They are absolutely adorable and the material it is made of is so soft! (My inner PDT coming out there). I'm also someone that loves Pastel colours or the red and black aesthetic~  ;D

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2019, 04:56:04 pm »
+5
Congratulations on your awards! I think I'll go to the AN meetup sometime in the afternoon! Hopefully, I'll see you there! I love my Miniso plushie. Which ones do you have? Have you got any Christmas ones? ;D

ashmi

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2019, 07:10:25 pm »
+6
Congratulations on your awards! I think I'll go to the AN meetup sometime in the afternoon! Hopefully, I'll see you there! I love my Miniso plushie. Which ones do you have? Have you got any Christmas ones? ;D

We will definitely bump into each other at the meetup! So excited to see you there! I have the dog, cat and the blue penguin Miniso plushies and I love them to bits! I don't have any Christmas ones but now that you mention it, it may be time I went back and did a mini shopping spree ;D. Do you have any Miniso plushies and if so which ones? :D

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2019, 07:11:32 pm »
+3
We will definitely bump into each other at the meetup! So excited to see you there! I have the dog, cat and the blue penguin Miniso plushies and I love them to bits! I don't have any Christmas ones but now that you mention it, it may be time I went back and did a mini shopping spree ;D. Do you have any Miniso plushies and if so which ones? :D
Glad to hear it! I have the dark grey dog! ;D

ashmi

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2019, 08:38:47 pm »
+9
Update: 9/12

It is the start of the week and a perfect time to update! So far I've been on holidays and it has been an awesome time to talk to friends (if you are reading this, you know who you are) and just relaxing in general.

Before I get onto the school stuff, I've finally bought a new drawing tablet!!! After much procrastination, I can finally draw a bit better now! (Thanks Bluetooth for saving lives). I did a mini, rough sketch today but I'm debating if it's worth finishing? Do you think I should colour it in too? Here is a picture by the way! (Give me your thoughts on it :D)

For the past few days, I've mainly just tried to finish most of my holiday homework and start learning the content of Unit 3 for all my subjects just to get a taste of what it is going to be like next year. A little bit nervous about our scores coming out on Thursday too. Here is a little mini breakdown of what I've been doing recently!

Physics:
I have no clue what structural change I've had for this subject, but I went from being average to actually finally understanding what I'm doing. I've nearly finished a whole Area of Study (AOS 3 Motion) and hopefully will start learning AOS 1 (Fields) sometime this week. I'm mainly just taking a break from this subject and trying to learn a little bit at a time so next year I'm fully understanding the more difficult parts.

Chemistry:
So right now I'm about half way done with AOS 1 (Energy) and so far I'm actually enjoying Chem. It has been quite boring during Unit 1/2 so it's really nice to finally be doing something interesting! I've just finished my holiday homework the other day and now have nothing to do but study for this subject till the end of the holidays.

English:
Stasiland, Never Let Me Go, Rear Window and Women of Troy. Watching and reading all this is pretty much my life in a nutshell so far.

Product Design:
I'm on a mission to find an end user that wants me to make the craziest costume alive. My aim for next year is to get into Top Designs!

Methods:
Mainly just finishing holiday homework and starting on the first few chapters of my textbook as light revision.

That's it for me today! Might post tomorrow or the day after with some more art progress!

yesh.weerakkody

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2019, 10:58:28 pm »
+2
Wowoza that artwork thingy thooooo!! Also good luck for results day!! I’m sure you’ve done amazingly and keep up the updates! :D
Do you very best, and nothing less!

2020-21: 95.05 - psych (43), bio (40) & LOTE (40)
2022-25: BSciAdvResearch(Hons)

pm me if you're interested in biology tutoring!

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2019, 09:31:53 am »
+4
That's amazing, Ashmi!
You're so talented!
 ;D

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2019, 09:56:45 am »
+4
Sorry if you've mentioned this, but what tablet specifically do you use? Really incredible outcomes. Very talented, indeed!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

ashmi

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2019, 10:39:20 am »
+6
That's amazing, Ashmi!
You're so talented!
 ;D

Awww thank you so much! ;D I've worked really hard to try and get a little bit better at this and hopefully you guys might see some improvements in the future!

Sorry if you've mentioned this, but what tablet specifically do you use? Really incredible outcomes. Very talented, indeed!

I recently just bought a Wacom Intuos tablet with Bluetooth! I've been dying to get one that doesn't have cables attaching to my monitors/computer and it is really convenient for when I want to just impulse draw. I was about to buy one with a digital screen but then realised I probably could use it for my school work too, so I ended up going with the one without the digital screen (just to save my eyes :P). The program I'm using to draw now is Clip Studio Paint! (I used to use Paint Tool Sai).
You guys are all too kind, thank you so much! Will definitely post a lot more of my random artworks into this journal! 8)

ashmi

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2019, 11:31:06 pm »
+7
Update 11/12 - Part 2

Ashmi's Artwork Catastrophe Update:
I have literally been drawing all day (which has probably been the most productive drawing time of my life) and we have another art piece to add to the collection. Just did a base layer for this and will hopefully add some more details to it tomorrow! This was another very impulse drawing of mine but a great way to relax and destress. ;D
Not too sure how I feel about tomorrow but I guess I will be waking up bright and early to see the results of our study scores/ATARs (while also trying to finish this piece at the same time) :P
Note: The automatic colouring on this new painting program is so weird

« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 10:25:19 am by ashmi »

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2019, 11:54:49 pm »
+4
I really love your art style, can't wait for the finished piece!
How long does it normally take for you to draw a piece on your new tablet?
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2019, 04:20:52 pm »
+2
How'd you go ashmi? ;D

ashmi

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2019, 04:38:39 pm »
+10
I really love your art style, can't wait for the finished piece!
How long does it normally take for you to draw a piece on your new tablet?

Thank you so much! Usually takes a few hours (maybe 2 to 5 ish) depending on the type of piece it is! The more detailed ones though just to do the lineart would take a few days! ;D

How'd you go ashmi? ;D
Not too good with the results :'(
Got a 44 in Further and I'm really disappointed in myself. I have sort of had a mental breakdown for the whole day and eventually went to school to see my teachers (who actually cried with me). I really wanted this subject to be a primary 4 subject (really wanted that 45) but at this rate, it is looking like a 10% sadly. In all honesty, I'm just really upset and hopefully I can move forward and try to get better scores in my other subjects (looking at you PDT and English for 50s :P. I'm not giving up on you two.)
My new goal for 2020 is to try and get all my subjects above Further! I doubt this will happen but it is worth giving it a go!

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2019, 06:26:17 pm »
+3
Hi Ashmi,

I've been reading your journal for a while. First of all, your artwork is incredible, can't wait to see more!!!

Not too good with the results :'(
Got a 44 in Further and I'm really disappointed in myself. I have sort of had a mental breakdown for the whole day and eventually went to school to see my teachers (who actually cried with me). I really wanted this subject to be a primary 4 subject (really wanted that 45) but at this rate, it is looking like a 10% sadly. In all honesty, I'm just really upset and hopefully I can move forward and try to get better scores in my other subjects (looking at you PDT and English for 50s :P. I'm not giving up on you two.)
My new goal for 2020 is to try and get all my subjects above Further! I doubt this will happen but it is worth giving it a go!
It really sucks not to get the score you hoped but a 44 is still amazing (don't lose sight of this) and you've got a great attitude for next year!

Enjoy and embrace those holidays!
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

ashmi

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2019, 06:57:44 pm »
+5
Hi Ashmi,

I've been reading your journal for a while. First of all, your artwork is incredible, can't wait to see more!!!
It really sucks not to get the score you hoped but a 44 is still amazing (don't lose sight of this) and you've got a great attitude for next year!

Enjoy and embrace those holidays!

Hi Chocolatemilkshake! (such a cool name 8))
Thank you so much! Glad to see that there are people that enjoy my impulse artworks ;D.
I'm sort of struggling to come to terms with this score and I really don't know what to do or expect for my other subjects. I'm not going to lie, but I am really lost on what I should be aiming for next year. Just really hoping my other subjects can pull through and do better than this year!

(By the way, it is so good to see another KLD 2020 scholar! If there are events in the future we have to meet up sometime! ;D)