Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 05:28:36 am

Author Topic: Active Procrastination vs Passive Procrastination  (Read 971 times)  Share 

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
Active Procrastination vs Passive Procrastination
« on: November 10, 2018, 10:48:42 pm »
+3
Now before i propose this, its just my thoughts, not something thats actually proven.
And also when i raise this point, im not talkng about this disscussion ithn its usual sense as is shown through articles like this one
I'm talking about the conscious decision to procrastinate.
Maybe i'm sounding stupid, but hear me out at least.
Some people look at a giant list of stuff and run away from it because they're overwhelmed by it all and don't know how they're supposed to do all this sort of stuff. They fear it and run away from it.
Then there's active procrastination. I believe this is when someone sees they have alot to do, acknowledges that they do and also knows how to make a start on it but then chooses to do nothing about it.
This was me during my hsc year. I knew i had all of this stuff to do. It wasn't scaring me (well maybe it made me a little anxious but thats not the point). I knew what i had to do and [roughly] how to tackle it. But i chose to do nothing about it. I looked at my schedule and what i had to do; full well knowing how im supposed to go about getting it down, but i CHOSE TO DO OTHER THINGS. I would look at the list and shrug my shoulders and then go do other stuff like playing video games or watching Netflix or hanging out with friends.  That is the issue.
It is the active decision to not do anything. Not because you fear it, but simply because you just don't give a crap.

If this sounds like something that you agree with, perhaps its something you need to try and beat.
I'd encourage you to look at these articles on beating procrastination hereand here
If you're a passive procrastinator: Then face your fears head on to give you the best chance for success!!
If you're an active procrastinator: You're one step ahead, you acknowledge you have a problem and you know some ways to cope with it, good. This is where most advice kicks in and you need to remove that active decision to put everything off
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 10:51:01 pm by Mada438 »
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
Re: Active Procrastination vs Passive Procrastination
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 06:40:02 am »
+1
Then there's active procrastination. I believe this is when someone sees they have alot to do, acknowledges that they do and also knows how to make a start on it but then chooses to do nothing about it.
This was me during my hsc year. I knew i had all of this stuff to do. It wasn't scaring me (well maybe it made me a little anxious but thats not the point). I knew what i had to do and [roughly] how to tackle it. But i chose to do nothing about it. I looked at my schedule and what i had to do; full well knowing how im supposed to go about getting it down, but i CHOSE TO DO OTHER THINGS. I would look at the list and shrug my shoulders and then go do other stuff like playing video games or watching Netflix or hanging out with friends.  That is the issue.
It is the active decision to not do anything. Not because you fear it, but simply because you just don't give a crap.

If this sounds like something that you agree with, perhaps its something you need to try and beat.
I'd encourage you to look at these articles on beating procrastination hereand here
This was also me throughout VCE.

Don't leave this till the last week people.
This is something that needs to be hammered out in Yr 11.

Slightly related
Randomly, what do you think would drive active procrastination?
Were you in the higher performing echelon throughout lower year levels?
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D