Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 09:02:49 pm

Author Topic: Exam scores for particular study scores  (Read 1469 times)  Share 

99.95_goal

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
Exam scores for particular study scores
« on: October 29, 2020, 04:58:53 pm »
Hey guys,
Hope revision is going well for you all now that exams are approaching. I've been spamming quite a lot of practice papers but I am unsure of where I'm at in terms of what score I might get.( As you guys know, this year has been hectic hence we didn't actually  do like half the SACs at school making exams especially important   )

So for each of the subjects, can you guys give me an indication of what score I might get with these marks and what marks I should aim for for 40/45+?
English
Section A:8.5
Section B:7.5
Section C:7.5

Methods
E1: 37/40
E2: 71/80

Spesh
E1: 35/40
E2: 70/40

Chemistry:
102/120

Physics:
106/120

Thanks guys you're the best :) :)

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
Re: Exam scores for particular study scores
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 05:12:55 pm »
So, it's super important that we know a couple of things to give you an accurate prediction:

A. What SAC scores you got.
B. What ranking in your cohort you are
C. How strong your school is

It's okay if these are only estimates, but it'll make everything a LOT easier for us to give you a guess at a score

99.95_goal

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 05:35:34 pm »
So, it's super important that we know a couple of things to give you an accurate prediction:

A. What SAC scores you got.
B. What ranking in your cohort you are
C. How strong your school is

It's okay if these are only estimates, but it'll make everything a LOT easier for us to give you a guess at a score
Well this year we didn't really do many SACs (we did like 1 or 2 for each subject) so my teacher said it's gonna be pretty much 100% dependent on the GAT and the exam - as for the cohort, I go to a private school that's ranked pretty high in the state. For my ranking for the few SACs we did tho, I'd say high rankings for Maths, MH for English, and MH for sciences. Thanks so much for replying btw!

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 08:47:11 pm »
I can't contribute to your question, so I apologise, but I don't really understand– but what do you mean by "didn't do many sacs"? Is it not a requirement to complete assessments for each area? Sorry if it's a silly q  :)

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 09:59:57 pm »
+3
I can't contribute to your question, so I apologise, but I don't really understand– but what do you mean by "didn't do many sacs"? Is it not a requirement to complete assessments for each area? Sorry if it's a silly q  :)

Schools can do as many or little SACs as they like. For example in chem there’s 2 Area of study’s in unit 3 and 3 in unit 4. That’s seven all together so some schools may only have 7 SACs. My school however has 2 SACs per area of study so we have had 9 SACs so each is worth less (like 3%) whereas these other schools SACs are more heavily weighted like 10% because there are only a few 😁
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

99.95_goal

• Forum Regular
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 08:57:04 am »

This year because of Corona we weren't at school most of the time, so many of the 'SACs' we did online and hence don't count because they don't trust us haha, sorry I should have clarified that at the beginning, hence our GAT and our exam is probs gonna be most of our ss

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 12:16:46 pm »
Schools can do as many or little SACs as they like. For example in chem there’s 2 Area of study’s in unit 3 and 3 in unit 4. That’s seven all together so some schools may only have 7 SACs. My school however has 2 SACs per area of study so we have had 9 SACs so each is worth less (like 3%) whereas these other schools SACs are more heavily weighted like 10% because there are only a few 😁
Oh okay, thanks for clarifying (:

This year because of Corona we weren't at school most of the time, so many of the 'SACs' we did online and hence don't count because they don't trust us haha, sorry I should have clarified that at the beginning, hence our GAT and our exam is probs gonna be most of our ss
Oh, I understand. That must be a tough situation waiting for your score that's riding mostly on your gat and exams, wishing you the best!