Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:20:31 am

Author Topic: Last Year of VCE: Will Elle take a big L?  (Read 21829 times)

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
Re: Last Year of VCE: Will Elle take a big L?
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2020, 06:31:32 pm »
+3
Mini update💫

Chemistry SAC:
I got my electrolysis sac back and got a shocking 72% im so mad at my self because I lost 7 marks. I would’ve been happy with two more marks. I’m mad at my self for the incorrect rounding and writing answer in mols not grams! I think my chances at a 40 ss are actually cooked because VCAA has upped the unit 3 worth to 20% :( I know it’s only 15% of my ss so far wasted but my ranking is terrible! Probably 70-80/180!!! (Average is usually low to mid 60s)
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2020, 04:36:06 pm »
+8
Mini update 💫

Methods SAC and Equillibrium SAC this week have been postponed till we return to school!!! Beyond relieved ! I felt so uncomfortable taking a SAC worth 22% of my study score in my BEDROOM!

Have done no UCAT and since I have no SACs till Friday (psych) next week when we are back at school I’ll probably try to get lots of UCAT practise in.

Enjoy the last few days at home everyone 😊
My avatar sums up life.
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2020, 02:30:29 pm »
+6
Mini update 💫( again sorry)

Bio sac

I got 82% I’m very unhappy because I went back and changed my answer last minute for no reason! I need to stop doing that and start trusting myself! I would’ve got a mark I was happy with if I hadn’t done that (85%) my unit 3 average at the moment is 84% and immunity is the next sac so I don’t see my average improving :(
My avatar sums up life.

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2020, 12:06:31 am »
+7
21st of June 2020💫

As of today........

I’m a dancing queen! 👑
Young and sweet
Only seventeen 🎶

I can’t belive I’ll be 18 in a year!!! VCE will be behind me and I’ll probably regret the little work I’ve done.

Here is an update for all subjects of my newly found kingdom:

English
Yeah so I am still angry about the text response sac and upset at how so many people cheated as we had 4 hours to write it (unsupervised online) and the teachers don’t even care and “don’t know” if their will be a redemption!!!! I just hope that my language analysis was good enough :( I want 90+ but if I get 80+ I’ve agreed with myself to be happy and not start spin off into a depressive episode (again). I was absolutley shaking for hours after that SAC my legs were so week! I’m excited to read the books for the comparative though! But first we must do the letter to the editor.

Chemistry
Ahhhh Chem. I love it so much. But my schools SACs are so hard and it is another subject which has driven my self esteem straight into the ground. As you’ve probably seen from one of my last posts that grade also shook me and I cried for hours. I’m very numb to school atm....or so I thought. We had our equillibrium sac a few weeks ago and I went in hoping for 80% but I forgot stuff like equillibrium arrows.

Spoiler
I went home to cry for like 6 hours then my mum decided it was probably best I should see a proffesional. We got it [sac] back this week and I was just hoping to get another 72% even though it made me cry (twice). I kept asking my teacher did I lose 10 marks and he said not more which meant I knew I got above 72% (26/36=72%). He said it was because I was “overthinking”. That’s so annoying that my anxious personality is getting in the way of my brilliant ness (sarcasm) I can’t help thinking all through the SACs how much better everyone is than me and how they are getting everything right but OBVIOUSLY we aren’t telling my teacher that because that’s an invitation to the school counsellor and pitying looks from him all year long.  I’m a disappointment to my teacher, friends and myself. We all know I can do better and that my brain is fried 😔😔

Anyway we moved onto organic Chem the sac is on Wednesday and I know I was so keen for unit 4 bc ranks reset but vcaa has really dogged me making unit 3 and 4 equal. Anyway let’s aim for 80% again and be disspaointed (watch me get my FOURTH 72% this year) gooooooooo REACTION PATHWAYS! (Sounds like I’m summoning a Pokémon lol).

P.S if I wasn’t dumb as bricks I’d probably be able to recover and get a 40.

Psychology
The memory sac was so hard. It was like the hard vcaa psych questions but....all of them....on memory. I got 82% and at this point I’m so numb I don’t care. But my score was the 3rd quartile (whatever that means) and I asked my teacher and she said that’s like 25/100 but our cohorts bigger but I’m in the top quarter I guess? I don’t think a 45 in psych is realistic so maybe a 40+ but not because of content but research methods is something I need to get on top of so 45+ might be on the cards. And my ranking is a little low I think. Anyway unit 4 consciousness seems boring but sleep is lit! As I have a Fitbit and I’m used to seeing those hypnograms.

Spoiler
[]I’m actually an insomniac I wake up really early in the morning and am dysfunctional. I’m putting all this depressing stuff in spoilers because I know you guys don’t care but there’s really no one else I can tell how much I’m struggling. And it’s good to release so I don’t end up hurting myself or worse.

Biology
😂😂😂 remember that sac I cried over for getting 3% below 85%??? Well it’s now 87% bc one of the questions was given as a zero for everyone because the online system had trouble with it. But if I hadn’t changed the answer I would’ve got a 90% grrrrrr. We did the immunity sac last Monday and I think it went okay (well I mean I didn’t cry that’s something right?). The results came out today but it’s my birthday and I am NOT touching VCE whatsoever!! We are now doing experimental design.

Methods
Haha next question [get the meme].....we had our sac worth 22% and it was hard. My schools notorious for SACs that are extremely hard but scale we’ll come results time (haha hope I haven’t given it away). The first sac was so 🙄. It’s like just all DIFFICULT application. It was in 4 parts but then they cut it down to 3. So anyway part one woahhhh it was a 💩 show. I’m pretty proud though that I could actually answer stuff. I started studying for this sac one month in advance in order to get 60% (probably an 80% at another school but nvm smh) I woke up at 7;30 every morning in isolation not to fail and I sincerely hope it pays off. Anyway part 2 and 3 were slightly easier but in part three a week ago I got stuck on a certain question which said prove this this. But I didn’t see the coordinate (1,2) was a stationary point not just a coordinate and by the time I realised there were 16 seconds left so there goes 3 marks. It’s so strange how I can toss and turn and nearly vomit for all my other subjects but in a Methods sac I have the nerves but they are minor....could this be what you normals feel? Slight anxiety and tummy ache but nothing which affects you for days on end? Interesting. Anyway you guys know what my teacher said? He said “[insert my real name] you did good things. You did some REALLY good things” but then he said I made “silly mistakes” but moving on, we are being positive Rn. This means so much coming from his mouth bc he’s so apathetic and is always saying getting above 37 in Methods is impossible and that getting a 35 is as hard as getting a 40 in another subject and all that pessimism. I know this is true but it’s so discouraging to what all the time.

UCAT

- Oh and UCAT is coming up and I’m basically showing up to fail (you can’t fail just not have a competitive enough score)
- I got 50th percentile on an exam last week and was pretty proud (I know that’s low but please don’t judge- we can’t all be Einstein’s no matter how hard we try)
- Anyway I’ve decided the score I’m aiming for is 2600 and although that’s too low for med or dent I just wanted to aim for something so I’m not crushed when I don’t get a “clearly in” 2800 score. I also just wanna start being proud of the little that I do even if what I can do is 💩

Life In ~General~
- Okay so I’m 17 now 🎉🎉
- Still have no friends
- Can barely make it through class without crying (literally)
- But have been to the GP
- Am referred and going to a psychologist soon so hopefully my updates will stop being so drab 😔
- Have stopped exercising (I miss it but can’t bring myself to leave the house)
- Can barely do homeowrk: have really been taking it sac by sac and hanging on for dear life.
- I’m just too tired

I will give you guys my unit 3 averages and study scores soon (I guess?) maybe some type of holiday update? Idk.

Imma dance my way outta this update 💃🏾 💃🏾 💃🏾
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 12:09:22 am by Coolgalbornin03Lo »
My avatar sums up life.

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2020, 10:29:35 am »
+3
Hey hey Elle! ;D

Thanks for the amazing update! First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope your day is magical and filled with lots of laughter 🎉🥰(and absolutely no VCE).

Can I just say hard SACs are amazing as they really test your foundation knowledge to the limit (but then again they can really bring down your own esteem at the same time and I can 100% relate to this).
Spoiler
If there is one thing I understand its how Chemmy can be such strict subject in terms of marking and just the peer group around you in general. The best advice I could probably give is to just try and stop comparing if possible (I know it sounds easy but it really isn't). I found that making numerical goals (e.g. getting above 90%) didn't really work for me and instead I tried setting specific goals like "I'm going to make sure I don't make a silly mistake like ____ for "insert topic" in the upcoming SAC." (Maybe this could work for you? I had problems like this at the start of the year and moving to this strategy really helped).

You are NOT a disappointment and I'm pretty sure you are worth much more than you think. Those that work hard and even attempt something is so far from that ;D . Small baby steps will eventually get you there.

You are doing so well in your subjects (especially if its a strong cohort) and just keep learning from your mistakes and you are already halfway there to doing better on the end of year exams ;)

Anyway, congrats on the amazing scores  (Especially for hard sacs!) and give yourself a well-deserved break! You are doing such a great job and keep up the effort. Look after yourself for the rest of the week and during the holidays so you come back fresh and clear-minded ;D (Btw, I absolutely love the amount of emojis in this and the colour)

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2020, 10:59:43 am »
+1
Hey hey Elle! ;D

Thanks for the amazing update! First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope your day is magical and filled with lots of laughter 🎉🥰(and absolutely no VCE).

Anyway, congrats on the amazing scores  (Especially for hard sacs!) and give yourself a well-deserved break! You are doing such a great job and keep up the effort. Look after yourself for the rest of the week and during the holidays so you come back fresh and clear-minded ;D (Btw, I absolutely love the amount of emojis in this and the colour)

Omg a reply! Thanks ashmi! I really did go over the top with the colours 😂 and yep no school today! I’ve also started to adopt the “I’ve put 100% into this sac and no matter what I get know I’ve tried” mentality
My avatar sums up life.

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2020, 03:58:43 pm »
+8
Term 2 Holidays 💫

Huh we are halfway through year 12 already. My UCAT is on 30th July so I’m trying to study unit 3 real good but also actually learn UCAT. I did 3 hours of U3 AOS1 Chem yesterday and loved it! Gotta admit I was avoiding Chem revision bc it’s one of the subjects I didn’t revise backwards for in quarantine because they made us learn electrolysis alone and threatened us with a SAC first week back whether it was online or not.

I’m gonna be normal like the rest of the AN journallers and put my subjects in alphabetical order:

Biology
I got 89% on the immunity SAC!!! And the average was 73%. I’m pretty happy with this as my self confidence has been pretty down in the dumps. I feel like I can actually do stuff. I’m gonna do some photosynthesis and cellular respiration revision this holidays. Also the experimental design sac is in the first week back and I am not feeling good

Chemistry
As you all know I got my 3rd 72% for this year 👏👏👏 I can’t BELEIVE I was ever aiming for a 45...even a 40! Anyway we had an organic Chem sac last week which the more I think about the more I messed up (and we had so much hope for unit 4!). Tbh if I get a 72% it will make sense. I wasn’t nervous for the SAC but at the same time i couldn’t apply the prac. Usually I’m nervous but know the content. You know how I’m always making the excuse “my schools SACs are difficult” well a teacher said scoring 70%+ is on track for a 40 study score. I’m not sure whether I believe her as I know there so many factors at play beyond anyone’s control (I.e we all bomb the exam).  I was once again *just* above the average. Next SAC isn’t till week 4 after my UCAT so maybe I can redeem myself?

English
I said I’d revise rear window but my teacher was so discouraging! I won’t bother writing any essays but just solidifying my understanding of the text. I asked her what I did wrong for the SAC cause I wanted to revise these holidays and she said “why” and I said because I in the feedback it was all about structure. Then she said just focus on comparative because comparative uses same skills as text response. This argument would be totally valid except we have not done it yet and there’s absolutley no structure guides up! She’s just talking about reading the books (which I am). Anyway I think I’m wearing her down slowly she’s not as cold to me as before but there’s still some offensive sarcasm. I’m scared for my L.A SAC back because it’s gonna make or break my study score as they aren’t changing online text response SAC marks :(

My lust filled English Dream
I had a dream I got 91% in language analysis and she said your top 4 in the class [insert my name] well done! Ugh the desperation!

Letter to the editor SAC first day back! Anyone else’s school doing this in place of the oral? I’ve calculated it’s worth 3% is this correct???

Methods
What....trig graphs with TWO transformations exist. Oh well I’ve moved on to graphs of tan. I sat with my teacher at lunchtime and he helped me with this diagram:

Spoiler
putting in images is so hard guys idk how so it’s just attached to this post. :(

Psychology
- Unit 4 SAC in week 2
- Research Methods SAC in week 4/5 so I need to really get on top of that! (I didn’t do unit 1/2)
- It looks like I really don’t have time so will just do the neural basis of learning and memory revision since I revised AOS1 in quarantine (thankfully).

🌟My Epiphany(s)🌟
[/size]

Uni preferences//I finally have a backup!
So with my UCAT coming up I know I won’t get into dentistry BUT I am (well used to be-oops) a rural student and I’ve seen people get into med with 2600 UCAT and a 91 ATAR so if I get my rural papers together it may happen. HOWEVER I was always very sad that my next preferences didn’t give me the same ~drive~ to pursue them as dentistry did. I had science, biomed, nursing and physio and pharamacy lined up but they were strictly “backups”. The first 2 were for post grad dentistry entry but we all know that’s such a gamble! You could end up with a science/biomed degree and nowhere to go** :( but my second preference is gonna be.........medical imagining and radiography at monash!!!!! It’s actually interest me! And although I live ages from monash I’d be fine moving their. But you know what’s so annoying WHY DOES EVERY COURSE I WANNA PURSUE HAVE SUCH A HIGH ATAR?!? It’s 97.1 clearly in...😩 oh well back to studying!!

**DISCLAIMER: by no means is pursuing post grad dentistry/medicine through science a bad idea for any of you!!! It’s just for me I know I, personally, wouldn’t be able to keep a high GPA and get a good GAMSAT (couldn’t even do UCAT lol)  But you guys gunning for this...you got it😎

Study Score Goals?
Okay so it’s time to be a big realistic that I’m not gonna get the grand old ATAR I was gunning for. Considering how poor I’ve been doing these are realistic.

Realistic S.S
English: 37
Methods: 33
Chemistry: 37
Biology:43
Psychology: 40
ATAR: 92.4

If I get my exam/SAC anxiety under control this are slightly non realistic but still in the realm of reality:

If I Get anxiety under control study scores
English: 40
Chemistry:38-40
Psychology:40-45
Biology: 43-45
Methods: 33+

These are unrealistic and won’t happen but it’s good to know what you can and can’t do, right?

Dream study scores 😪- emphasis on dream
English: 42-45
Chemistry:40
Biology: 45+
Psychology: 45
Methods:35

Enjoy the holidays!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 04:11:43 pm by Coolgalbornin03Lo »
My avatar sums up life.

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2020, 06:34:31 pm »
+3
Hey Elle!!

(You won't believe how excited I got to see a new update. Love the emojis!!😊)

Good luck studying for the UCAT and I absolutely believe in you! Make sure to take breaks for yourself and pace things out for your own wellbeing. Also, congrats for the amazing score in Biology!!! That is definitely a HUGE achievement and it's time to celebrate😆.

Don't worry too much about the Chem mark because if you SACs are hard, it's going to get moderated anyway so just keep up what you are doing right now and trust me, you will be fine. (I believe that you can still achieve those chem goals without a doubt😃).

WHOOP WHOOP that is an AMAZING score for Language Analysis!! That is so good and you are definitely on track to doing well I can feel it🥰. Also, loving the uni preferences/study score goals (like Woah that's such a diverse range of different areas of study to do) and I just want to say, you've got this!!

Thank you so much for the update and have a lovely week!🥰

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2020, 12:41:52 pm »
+5
WARNING: {extremley} Sad UCAT Update

the final rant
Do you ever just want to throw the towel in? My UCATs in 2 weeks and I’ve just spent all day crying about it because I’m so shit. I did a practise exam from the official website and barely got 2300z why am I so dumb. I’ve tried so hard but I’ll never do well. And I can’t escape it. I really wish I could just die. Because I’m not going to do well on the test despite trying. My friend only did the offical question bank stuff and got over 3000 because he’s so smart. Why am I this dumb. I should just kill myself. I’m not good enough. I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to exist anymore. I won’t exist. I feel like I’m drowning I can’t tell anyone how I feel because they won’t understand. I’m such a failure and I don’t deserve to live. I don’t know what I’m going to do. I just want to escape this.
My avatar sums up life.

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2020, 01:43:57 pm »
+6
Spoiler
Hi Elle. UCAT is not the be all end all, and I want you to know this. We are so lucky to have so many pathways into medicine and dentistry here in Australia, so not being able to get in as a school leaver does not mean you are a failure - it simply means there is another path waiting for you. I want to let you know that you aren’t dumb for finding it hard - the official resources are harder than the real test so please, please don’t feel dissuaded by your scores on them. I fully believe you can get through this, and I suggest that with how you’re feeling, you let someone you trust know how you feel. I know it can be a daunting experience, but you ARE good enough and the UCAT doesn’t determine anything about you. Sometimes it gets difficult and that’s okay. I urge you to seek help - there are multiple safe spaces you can contact if you feel upset or suicidal such as BeyondBlue or the Kids Helpline. Your health and well-being takes precedence over everything else, and it can be easy to lose sight of that in the mad scramble that is VCE. Once again, you aren’t worthless or dumb. Failures are merely the predecessors of success. I understand you may be feeling upset, alone and down, and I commend you for posting your thoughts somewhere - it’s important to let them out instead of keeping them bottled up. Please seek help and don’t lose belief in yourself. [\spoiler]
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2020, 06:38:31 am »
+3
I’m on my way, to my UCAT hopefully it goes well. Here’s a song I thought is appropriate for the occasion:

Spoiler
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mo_IQUmmTvI
Idk how to make thumbnails 😭😭😭😭😭it’s too early for this
My avatar sums up life.

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2020, 07:09:34 am »
+2
I’m on my way, to my UCAT hopefully it goes well. Here’s a song I thought is appropriate for the occasion:

Spoiler
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mo_IQUmmTvI
Idk how to make thumbnails 😭😭😭😭😭it’s too early for this

Good luck! You are gonna smash it!!
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2020, 08:30:47 am »
+1
Good luck! Go get it and obliterate that exam!  8)

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2020, 10:09:17 am »
+1
Argh I wrote a sappy update about UCAT but I’m on my phones 4G and it Deleted 😭😭😭 I’ll try to redo it tonight 😡😡 anyway my scores not good enough for med but I’m very happy with myself :))))

Brb gotta run time catch a tram to Methods lol
My avatar sums up life.

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2020, 06:27:00 pm »
+7
A super-kala-fragalistic-expialadociois update 💫

Disclaimer: poor (relatively) UCAT result, scroll for BCE

Had my UCAT today!!! I’m so happy with my result even though it’s probably the lowest one AN has ever seen lol. I just wanna thank all the people listen to me cry about failing UCAT instead of studying and encouraged me. It’s such a mental game and today I was in a good mental state. I’d like to thank Why’s, angrybuiscit, ashmi, who I have complained about UCAT to a LOT but despite that they urged me to keep trying and Geo, JRho, Thunder Dragon and Evolio who gave me such kind words of support 😭😭 I really appreciate it guys I don’t have too much of that anywhere else.

Probably the part you guys have been waiting for scores. At first I was like oh I won’t post people will judge. But I don’t care if people are thinking that’s too low for med or she’s dumb why did she ever think she could do it. Cause for once I’m PROUD!

8:00am UCAT, 5:50am wake up, 6:46 train but ya girl did it!

Results:
VR: 590

DM:780 (TF!!) 

QR: 660 (I’m failing methods)

AR: 690 (woahhh I’m pretty proud this is almost 700)
SJT:533 (I got bored and wanted to leave lol)

2720🤩🥳🥳

You really don’t understand I was averaging 2200-2400 on the last two mocks I did on the weekend. If anyone in the future is reading this. Just because your not stereotypically “smart” or “intelligent” doesn’t mean you can’t achieve stuff if you try. Also UCAT is a lot of luck lol. This has made me more motivated for VCE now because I know if I try even if I don’t do the best I can still end up majorly exceeding my expectations.

VR: thought I’d get 650 but I knew by reading on MSO it was hard.
DM: I felt like I was on top of the world I enjoyed myself so much lol! Didn’t expect this though because on offical mocks I was getting 13/29......
QR: took the advice of my friend who got 3000 to skip stuff with lots of writing, then go back at the end.Thank god I did there’s such easy questions (like what is the range of this). I’m surprised I got mid 600s this gave me grief. Skipped all the “12% tax questions” till the end.
AR: could not see a thing decided to get everything then said NO, weez, you gotta try! I went back and un-guessed 2 WHOLE sets which I think contributed to my score! Of course I still made educated guesses but none of that click-click let’s finish.
SJT: man I was tired and stopped practising this a while ago. This score is meh but okay.

Okay now the thing that goes V-C-E 💫

Gotta admit it feels good to no longer have to balance VCE and UCAT. Like last weekend on both days I’d wake up at 8am to dedicate a few hours before doing VCE to UCAT mocks (so I’d practise using my head at that time) I know some people did this all year but I usually did it at 1pm and only started doing it weekly last month.

Biology
Okay so we are on AOS 2, SAC is in 11 days I am panicking because so much content but bios looking good! I’m exceeding my expectations tbh! Idk if it’s too much to still aim for 45 study score but why not shoot for the moon 🌓 and land amongst the stars (a 40ss). I got my experimental design sac back and you guys know I’m terrible at this but the average was 71% but I got........89%!!!!!!!! I was really praying for 80%!!! please bio gods deliver me a 45 ss. oh yeah excursion to GTAC for PCR/Gel Electrophoresis stuff next Wednesday woooh! I get to miss double Methods.

Chemistry
Got that organic chemistry sac back got a disappointing 79% average was 75%. Argh😫 at this point I’m expecting a 38ss but shooting for moon 🌒 and all that jazz LET 👏TRY 👏TO 👏GET 👏 A 👏 40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s not over yet organic analysis sac is in one week and I’m looking at you.......aiming for 100% allons-y! like my French, eh? but just want an 85-90 😭 now that’s UCAT over imma start doing 1 Chem exam per week after I revise the content lightly. So maybe 10th Aug?

English
Today I woke up at 5am to do my UCAT but I said may as well do it all and stayed after school to talk to my English teacher about the text response from months ago. I need to get this together. We are working so closely to get my understanding deep. Anyway I’m rewatching rear window this weekend for some deep character analysis- you literally can not write practise essays (good ones anyway) without some knowledge of the text you didn’t pull from the text guides** WITHOUT thinking about it yourself.

using text guides isn’t bad in itself it’s just bad (for me at least) when you use that solely for your understanding and not as a foundation which you further yourself and literally paste the text guide into essays without thinking about what it means, ya know? I’m not trying to attack anyone!!!! I’m just lazy.

Methods
Okay so that sac. 22% of my final study score. 150 minutes. Over 3 days. 85 marks. How many did she get? Haha she’ll never tell. All you need to know is the sac was harder than a vcaa exam and there was content which we are learning now in unit 4!!!! The chapter 7 stuff :( anyway average was 50% for like 200 ppl I got less than average. I predict my ss to be 25-30 but my teacher said Id have to work *really* hard to get a 30. He means really hard as in it’s impossible. Like I know I need to work my butt off but no need to be a pessimist 🙄

Psychology
We had the AOS1 sac on consciousness I got 89% was expecting 80% because I’ve become really slow at SACs this term. However my mark is poor because the average was 81% and median was 87%. The psych teachers aren’t too happy and say ya because all the hard content to seperate students has been taken out. The research methods sac is next week and gosh damn idk if I can do this but 🌓🌟 aim for 90%!!

If you read all that your a legend🤟

Scroll up for juicy 🍇🍇 UCAT results 💫
My avatar sums up life.