Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:09:29 am

Author Topic: Harvard System of Referencing  (Read 839 times)

myopic_owl22

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Harvard System of Referencing
« on: March 16, 2019, 02:31:14 pm »
Hi there,
We've just been given a research assignment and getting specifically marked on our bibliography, which has to be in Harvard Style. Can anyone help me out with a few clarifications?

1. The websites I'm using don't have a publication/ creation date. BUT, they do have a copyright date. Do I use this? If so, how would I write it so others don't mistake it for a publication date?
2. I'm using a number of subpages (>5) from a main site. Do I list every single subpage as a separate source? If not, can I just write the main directory and say that it includes subpages?
3. This same website doesn't have an specific author, but is affiliated with a particular organisation. Would that be an equivalent replacement of the author's name?

The specific resource I'm trying to cite is: http://www.phadjustment.com/index.html, if that helps.
Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 03:04:58 pm by myopic_owl22 »

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
Re: Harvard System of Referencing
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 06:41:19 pm »
+4
Hi!

1. That should be fine - I use the copyright date for uni sometimes and haven't been called out for it.
2. List the subpages to be safe :-)
3. That's right!

Hope this helps :-)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

myopic_owl22

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Harvard System of Referencing
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 08:05:50 pm »
Hi!

1. That should be fine - I use the copyright date for uni sometimes and haven't been called out for it.
2. List the subpages to be safe :-)
3. That's right!

Hope this helps :-)

Much appreciated! Thanks again <3