Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 08:51:12 pm

Author Topic: FAILED SAC  (Read 1235 times)  Share 

Dark.Chocolate

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
FAILED SAC
« on: May 29, 2019, 08:04:24 pm »
Hi people,
I am doing englang 3/4 and have had two sacs so far. I was aiming for a 35+ but after my latest sac I doubt i will even get a 30. On my first sac which was a formal language short answer sac i got 40/50. On the second sac which was an analytical commentary I came out of the sac thinking I did really well but when I got my results I was shocked. I got 19/45. Is there anyway I could get a 30+ at this rate and also our cohort is very strong but we only have one class.
Thanks 

anna.comet

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +12
Re: FAILED SAC
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 05:43:48 pm »
+2
Hi people,
I am doing englang 3/4 and have had two sacs so far. I was aiming for a 35+ but after my latest sac I doubt i will even get a 30. On my first sac which was a formal language short answer sac i got 40/50. On the second sac which was an analytical commentary I came out of the sac thinking I did really well but when I got my results I was shocked. I got 19/45. Is there anyway I could get a 30+ at this rate and also our cohort is very strong but we only have one class.
Thanks 

Hey Dark.Chocolate,

First of all, I'm really sorry to hear about your disappointing SAC mark. There is nothing more heartbreaking than coming out of a SAC feeling confident and satisfied with the work you have put in, just to get a less-than perfect score. This genuinely sucks.

However, there are two paths that you can walk down now. One: you could give up and despise English Language all year, a subject that is always left til last in your homework pile, or Two: you can remind yourself how well you did on your first SAC, and use your second SAC as a motivator to get yourself into gear and fall in love with the subject! A very similar thing happened to me with History Revolutions, and what I realised is that I just had a lot of misunderstandings and misconceptions about how to study for the subject, as well as what needed to be included in my SAC answers.

There is absolutely, positively, hands down a way that you can get 30+, or even 35+ for your study score. Remember that the exam is 50% of your mark. 50%!!! Even if you completely bombed all year, if you work hard, hand in heaps of practice work, speak to your teacher about how you can improve, and keep organised and time-efficient, you can really boost your score just using your final exam mark! You say that you have a strong cohort - then that's even better. Use those people in your cohort to help improve your scores. Ask to read over their past SACs, or any of their practice work. Ask your teacher why it is that they are doing so well.

I think that your first SAC score is the true reflection of your Eng Lang ability, so please keep in mind that your dreams are more than achievable from here! Good luck and keep asking questions, on ATARNotes, of your teacher, of your friends, or anyone else in your support network! :~)